Classic Audi Classifieds section Cars For Sale » 1974 Audi 80 GT

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-04-12, 02:09 PM   #21
ChrisG
Senior Member
Classic Audi Club Member
 
ChrisG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bracknell, Berks.
Posts: 1,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcab1966 View Post
Hi
The green one must be worth 3000 !!!!! Surely !!!
Nah, there's been two on here in the last week.... becoming common really....
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-12, 05:13 PM   #22
mbcab1966
Grown up member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 20
Default

Very True !!!
But we probabably wont see another one on here for another 10 years !!
I actually know of another a Yellow 76 P which has had a ground up restoration and is quite simply like new !! The Chap has restored over the last 10 years and its a 10/10 car !!
Would love to own it , but the guy wants blood for it .
Keep you all posted !
mbcab1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-12, 05:17 PM   #23
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Coxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: on the side of a hill in Shropshire!
Posts: 28,212
Default

Luckily, we get to see Dereks a lot!!




and seldomly, 1 of Peter Noads!

Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-12, 05:18 PM   #24
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Coxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: on the side of a hill in Shropshire!
Posts: 28,212
Default

Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-12, 05:47 PM   #25
mbcab1966
Grown up member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 20
Default

Hmmm
What colour is the N Reg GT ??
Is it cadiz orange ?? only it looks darker than I thought ??
mbcab1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-12, 07:01 PM   #26
B2AUDI80
B2 Brigade
Classic Audi Club Member
 
B2AUDI80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: here and there
Posts: 2,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcab1966 View Post
Very True !!!
But we probabably wont see another one on here for another 10 years !!
I actually know of another a Yellow 76 P which has had a ground up restoration and is quite simply like new !! The Chap has restored over the last 10 years and its a 10/10 car !!
Would love to own it , but the guy wants blood for it .
Keep you all posted !
wouldnt matter how rare a car is these days , there are still survivors out there parked up and moving through new owners without ebay and the usual sites, and at times without the mad prices that are bandied about at time too
__________________

www.northernretros.co.uk

1984 80 Sport
1970 hb viva
1983 Honda Odyssey 250
1981 Suzuki 450 GS
1980 t25 danbury
B2AUDI80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-12, 07:24 PM   #27
davallew
Mr 90K
Classic Audi Club Member
 
davallew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 7,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcab1966 View Post
Hmmm
What colour is the N Reg GT ??
Is it cadiz orange ?? only it looks darker than I thought ??
Peter Noad's in the photo is Phoenix Red, his other one is Cadiz Orange.

His original one bought as an ex press car from Audi UK (TKK740N) was Monza Yellow.
__________________
David Small - Member 283
B3 80 Sport 16V - LY3D Tornado Red
B4 80 Sport SE - L90E Alpine White - SOLD
B4 Coupe 16V - LY5T Kingfisher Blue - SOLD
C4 A6 2.0 - AKA "The 100 Facelift" - LY3D Tornado Red
davallew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-12, 10:44 PM   #28
mbcab1966
Grown up member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 20
Default

Was Phoenix Red a later colour ??
Only I thought the colour options were initialy
Cliffe Green
Iberian Red
Rally Yellow
With the subsequent introduction of
Cadiz Orange
Was Phoenix Red a special order colour ????
mbcab1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-12, 04:26 PM   #29
ChrisG
Senior Member
Classic Audi Club Member
 
ChrisG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bracknell, Berks.
Posts: 1,463
Default

I have a brochure, undated, but labelled 2nd edition covering only the GT version ( N reg on the cars) with Audi UK hq listed as Purley Rd Croydon, and those are the only colours shown on the back.
Phoenix may have been a later colour instead of Iberian ??
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-12, 04:46 PM   #30
davallew
Mr 90K
Classic Audi Club Member
 
davallew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 7,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcab1966 View Post
Was Phoenix Red a later colour ??
Only I thought the colour options were initialy
Cliffe Green
Iberian Red
Rally Yellow
With the subsequent introduction of
Cadiz Orange
Was Phoenix Red a special order colour ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
I have a brochure, undated, but labelled 2nd edition covering only the GT version ( N reg on the cars) with Audi UK hq listed as Purley Rd Croydon, and those are the only colours shown on the back.
Phoenix may have been a later colour instead of Iberian ??
Phoenix Red did replace Iberian Red which was also used on Volkswagen and NSU models. You won't find a phoenix red one with the all chrome bumper's only the later ones with the black plastic end caps.
__________________
David Small - Member 283
B3 80 Sport 16V - LY3D Tornado Red
B4 80 Sport SE - L90E Alpine White - SOLD
B4 Coupe 16V - LY5T Kingfisher Blue - SOLD
C4 A6 2.0 - AKA "The 100 Facelift" - LY3D Tornado Red
davallew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007-2008 Classic Audi | Site by Roadrunna