Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Parts Wanted » Passenger window regulator 855 837 397B

Old 27-11-20, 02:58 PM   #1
sisut
Newbie!

Default Passenger window regulator 855 837 397B

Hi,
Trying to source a window regulator for MB quattro, passenger/nearside part number 855 837 397B. The motor is fine, just the pulley cables need sorted but would consider whole unit. Cheers, Si
sisut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-21, 02:28 PM   #2
Springyboy
Newbie!

Not sure if this will help you but I have a new unused GSF elec window mech for LH (pass) side, GSF part no 87385, VAG ref 855837397B.
In 2005 I bought the driver and pass side elec window mechs from GSF when I had my 1981 quadlamp coupe. At that time the the Audi part was unobtainable or unaffordable. I needed the driver side when mine broke. It was not a 100% fit but with a bit of adaptation it fitted, cannot remember exactly what but I think I needed to drill another mounting hole in the frame where the motor bolts in. It did the job though I never got the glass to drop completely into the door frame, at the lowest point I had about one inch of glass still showing. But it was perfectly smooth and silent and more robust than the original Audi part and its cats cradle of cables. It was still working fine when I sold the car to Dave Wall in 2009.
I bought the pass side mech at the same time in the expectation that these parts would become harder to find and that one day I might need it, but the pass side never failed so I still have it boxed and unopened. Cost me £56 at the time. Sounds like this is what you wanted!
Let me know if you are interested.

Dave
Springyboy is offline   Reply With Quote