Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Wheels & Tyres » 16"x 6.5J ET35 Wheels

Old 18-07-16, 08:41 AM   #1
Crossle
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default 16"x 6.5J ET35 Wheels

Sorry the age old question of do these wheels fit!! I have scoured the net/forum but cant be sure of the right answer and also cant work out these tyre calculator things.

Wheels 16" X 6.5J ET35 will they fit a B3 Coupe? I am confident on all the sizes fitting just not sure on the offset? If so what size tyres will I need?
Crossle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-16, 07:52 PM   #2
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Not staying original crossle ? thought you would with that car but i am sure somebody will be along to help
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-16, 09:10 PM   #3
Andy10v
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossle View Post
Sorry the age old question of do these wheels fit!! I have scoured the net/forum but cant be sure of the right answer and also cant work out these tyre calculator things.

Wheels 16" X 6.5J ET35 will they fit a B3 Coupe? I am confident on all the sizes fitting just not sure on the offset? If so what size tyres will I need?
Wheels should fit fine.

205/55/16 tyre is stock on an S2 coupe 16x7 (3B and early ABY) or 16x7.5 (ABY) ET 37.

I think for 6.5J min 185, max 215.

Sold-1992 3B S2 coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, forged rods, rear torsen....
Sold-1993 ABY coupe
Andy10v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-16, 05:26 AM   #4
Crossle
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Excellent, thanks Andy, that's superb information.

I do want to keep it original your right but me being me I get annoyed at cosmetics and want to sort things immediately. Trouble being I don't have the finance to back it up with! Those wheels are really hacking me off but unlikely to find another set that don't need a refurbished and to do mine it's 270 quid I don't have. I'm wondering about getting a cheap set of aftermarket to run round on until I can get the originals done
Old 19-07-16, 09:51 AM   #5
leggy

How come a reburb for your speedline alloys is only £270 Crossle?...
that place in MK quoted me £70 + VAT 'each' for my steels (x5), and another place wanted £40 + VAT 'each' to sort my trims out too (x4)
= £350/£510 + VAT!

Considering the costs involved with buying and/or buying/reburbing replacements, well could you not have just 2 of your speedlines reburbed now and the other two later on?
leggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-16, 05:32 PM   #6
Crossle
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

I've spoken to a few companies on them and both say they need alot of work as they are so far gone, they need dipping and taking right back I think was the words used!I think in with this they have to be a bit careful not to damage the fake split rim bolt heads.

I've got the Brake Master cylinder being replaced tomorrow which is the most urgent job, I am going to count my pennies after that and see how far a drift that leaves me. I can find cheap sets of good alloys (seen an ex display set for £80- never used) but its the tyres that then kill it and bring the cost back up the price of the refurb. I think at the end of the day I'm just trying to make something cheap that isnt ever going to be cheap and might have to just do what I am terrible at and be patient. Just dont really want to roll it out at AITP with those awful pitted wheels on.
Old 19-07-16, 05:49 PM   #7
leggy

Just bite the bullet Crossle...
get two done now and two done later. Oh and you can always park up next to me at AITP8, people will be so shocked at the sight of my steels that they wont even notice that your alloys are pitted.
leggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-16, 06:05 PM   #8
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossle View Post
I've spoken to a few companies on them and both say they need alot of work as they are so far gone, they need dipping and taking right back I think was the words used!

Just dont really want to roll it out at AITP with those awful pitted wheels on.

Dipping and taking them right back is standard practise for any decent company worth it's salt even if it's in good condition as they have to put a guarantee on them. £270 sounds good if that's the whole price.Was that Pristine? Whatch out for them though .. .. .. 4 years ago they also wanted another £80 on top to put the tyres back on.

I wouldn't worry if your car is less than perfect for AITP you'll be in good company. There will be my S6,all being well, which still needs a front end respray and another S6 saloon with literally a rocking chair of a passenger front seat, yeah .. .. .. unbelievably sold that way,also needing a full respray, so i wouldn't worry about small defects on your alloys.

Last edited by vorsprung durch technik; 19-07-16 at 06:07 PM.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-16, 07:57 PM   #9
Crossle
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Thanks mate. Pristine are the one in mk everyone knows aren't they and they are good but come at a very high price. This is rimtech and I agree that price isn't bad at all considering it includes VAT as well. Still more than I have got to spend though! I could send them two but I suspect they might say for only two the price goes up.

Knowing me I will find a way of getting them done, I don't give in! Got the guy interested in embroidered clothing today so might well punt an offer in, some embroidered clothing in return for a wheel refurb!