Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Brexit stuff.

Old 04-10-18, 06:58 AM   #1
4v6
Ex Member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default 1

Last edited by 4v6; 30-12-21 at 10:44 AM.
4v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 10:06 AM   #2
Ben
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Where do you get your info from to form your opinions?
Old 04-10-18, 12:38 PM   #3
Ben
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Just asking because there's a right wing bias to your opinions. There doesn't seem to be anything in there that's your own original opinion, almost like you have been programmed to propagate this message out to the suburbs of social media. This is a one make car forum, but you felt the need to post up a rather one sided view of what is happening in the (fantasy) world of brexit.

Is there anything the remainers have said that you agree with?

Old 04-10-18, 12:48 PM   #4
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

https://m.facebook.com/NFarageHero/p...QdoA&__tn__=-R

Who knows how it’ll end
Duffy3074 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 04:06 PM   #5
moonwatcher
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Just asking because there's a right wing bias to your opinions. There doesn't seem to be anything in there that's your own original opinion, almost like you have been programmed to propagate this message out to the suburbs of social media. This is a one make car forum, but you felt the need to post up a rather one sided view of what is happening in the (fantasy) world of brexit.

Is there anything the remainers have said that you agree with?

I have to disagree, I can't detect a right wing bias, I see that the main theme coming from 4v6 is democracy, without that there can only be anarchy.
We had a referendum the question was do you want to remain in the EU or leave? Article 50 was triggered and as a result there was an Act of Parliament passed to enable us to leave
Old 04-10-18, 05:05 PM   #6
Ben
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4v6 View Post
Hmm. Cant say i frequent any social media sites so it cant have come from there.��
Right wing bias you say well yes i do hail from that side of the debate as its as legitimate a side to be on as any other its not really a great surprise that my thoughts on the whole affair may well be tinged from that perspective.
Original opinions.... Hmm well its original to me.

As for agreeing with anything the remainers (sounds like a 60's folk music band) have said, no not really there doesnt appear to be anything particularly agreeable with their proposals thus far as most all seem to be of the opinion that it wont work or leave voters are stupid/ racist/ ill informed etc.
I remain (no pun) sceptical of their arguments and moreso of their motives.
I am however willing to listen, why wont they?
Not sure what the forum marque following has to do with it all tho as i posted up in general chat not technical etc...��
Bah, come on, you know this niche forum is part of what's termed "social media". What you wrote is what I've seen other people post up elsewhere, I didn't see anything new or original in there, just the same right wing propaganda. Which is why I say you are being used as a messenger to spread the word.

If you stepped out of the fight and watched the battle from a distance, you would see that anything anyone says about brexit is pure speculation, or as we say around here, total bollocks. If this person is in a position of influence, then it's a chess move. If you relay this information, then you're a pawn in their game.

I can't see the link Duffy posted as you need to login. How can I see facebook content without an account?.

Quote:
http://www.acasefortreason.co.uk/fco-30-1048/

The whole plan before we joined the EEC, laid out in gory detail stating how Britons are stupid xenephobes, how the "commission" would strip us of our powers and turn Britain into an outlier.
Kept secret for 50 years.

No wonder we wanted to leave.
Oh, so there is a history of lying to voters then. If they had only been told the truth instead of being manipulated through the media, we wouldn't have joined?. I suppose it's all honest and true info they are feeding us these days.

Last edited by Ben; 04-10-18 at 05:08 PM. Reason: forgot some smileys
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 05:39 PM   #7
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

The Facebook link should allow you to see what it was, it was the result of a poll put forward by Farage which came out as 63% to stay in the EU if a new vote was held, about a million people voted but who knows where from.

I’m guessing not the result Farage was hoping for.

My only position now is that whilst the people have spoken in an overwhelming 52/48 majority, what is done is done. The only caveat to that is the hard brexit mentioned by Mogg etc as being unthinkable during the referendum and which is now becoming a good thing from their point of view should not be allowed to pass.
Duffy3074 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 05:47 PM   #8
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
….. we wanted to leave.
Not exactly.
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 05:52 PM   #9
Mellis46
Aero Advocate
Classic Audi Club Member

Oh dear. I suppose this thread was always going to appear at some point...
Mellis46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 06:53 PM   #10
mackenzie50
Grown up member

Ah...referendums...Painfully I remember how in 2014 we got stuffed by the media manipulation/scaremongering in our own Independence referendum..

On a more basic note- Jeezo...parts are a nightmare to get for our old cars as it is...
How much more difficult/expensive/impossible, will being out of the Euro- union be I wonder??!
mackenzie50 is offline   Reply With Quote