Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » VW Polo coupe 1.3s, golf GTI style

Old 15-03-23, 09:58 PM   #1
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default VW Polo coupe 1.3s, golf GTI style
Seller Type : Private
Vehicle Make : Non-Audi
Vehicle Model : Vw Polo coupe mk 2 1.3s 1989 tornado red
Price : £200
Additional Details : V5C (Logbook)

Hi Folks, bit of a long shot, I have a 1989 VW POLO Coupe 1.3S, the one with alloy wheels and black plastic bodykit, factory tilt sunroof and twin headlamp grille in the same style as a Mk2 golf GTI, its tornado red in colour (well it used to be).

Its rough, been stood on my drive for last 14 years and needs to go. Could be a brave restoration or a good parts car. It was running when it arrived and I actually did a bit of work on it dropping the rear suspension frame and derusting/repainting, same with front strutts and bottom arms, put new springs on and painted calipers.

Its got 4 original alloy wheels (with flat tyres but I can get hold of some more wheels to get it moved onto a trailor) a twin light grille (standard on this) the interior is out and stored in a dry garage elsewhere, as is the plastic bodykit, grille etc.

The floorpan is rusting thru in some areas as are parts of the cills, good gearbox, some new parts, mirrors, indicators, tail lights.

Its been used as my wood store ! for quite a few years and will be a bit of a challange to move as its blocked in by my 90 and S2 both also immobile (wife will not appreciate the damage to her garden that will occur when it gets pulled out).

I will not break, just want the lot to go together (garage parts and shell), obviously will assist with removal as need the drive space for my ur that I need to relocate from my parents house due to selling their house following bereavement.

I lost my father 18 months ago and my mum passed away last week and I just turned 66 so its time to re-evaluate things and this need to go as does their house even though it means I lose my ur storage garage.

Can supply pictures on request via email if anyone is brave/interested/foolish enough to take on (insert as you feel approriate).

Get in touch via the forum if interested.

The parts alone are worth in excess of the £200 I'm asking.
quattrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-23, 08:03 PM   #2
audi80fan
Classic Audi Club Member

Sorry to hear about your loss

Regards the Polo 1.3S - I used to own one of these exact cars myself about 20 odd years ago. I remember it fondly.

All the best with the sale
audi80fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-23, 05:08 PM   #3
vwaudimaddkev
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

sorry for your loss dave al best kev
vwaudimaddkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-23, 09:25 AM   #4
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Thanks guys, looks like I may just bite the bullit and put the polo on ebay to see if it generates any interest, otherwise it will have to go to the car graveyard, stripped of anything salvageable that will be easily removed and transported as a job lot for someone.

Shame realy as good 5 speed gearbox (used up to 2001 in Polo and up to 2004 in lupo) and plenty of hard to get trim bits.
Old 29-03-23, 07:34 PM   #5
vwaudimaddkev
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

https://cathedral-classics.com/car/vw-polo-1986/
Old 30-03-23, 10:04 AM   #6
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwaudimaddkev View Post
Yep its one of them, except its got alloy wheels, golf GTI type tarten upholstery and is RHD and obviously not quite in that condition ! Oh and for some reason they were labelled coupe S in UK not GT as in Germany, probably something to do with insurance ratings in the 80's
Old 02-04-23, 03:02 AM   #7
vwaudimaddkev
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

just need a polish dave send some pics to kev
Old 08-04-23, 09:31 AM   #8
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

This will be going up on ebay in nx couple of weeks as needs to be off my drive and parts cleared out of garage.