Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » In-Car entertainment » Blaupunkt Toronto Overhaul?

Old 24-08-13, 06:27 PM   #11
msh
4 ring whore!

I'm wondering - do someone buys such a things for such a cosmical prices?

As for your stereo, sounds like need for a new pot which would normally cost from a couple of pounds to half a dozen pounds and some work with soldering iron and screwdriver.
msh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-13, 12:01 AM   #12
geneandbolly
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

too bad you're not in the uk - you could make a small fortune with your knowledge, sir!

Old 25-08-13, 02:11 AM   #13
msh
4 ring whore!

Not really - my knowledge is enough for my personal needs only, and actually I don't like to fix something for someone else, despite I'm quite often doing it

When I was living in England, I met a fellow latvian, slightly older than my parents, who said that he built first satellite receivers in latvian SSR. In any case, it was quite spectacular how he fixed old broken LCD TV - using some primitive tools I'd bought mostly in pound stores, without any schematics, he simply sat down, measured, saying "here should be that voltage, here should be that voltage, here should be that voltage but for some unknown reason there isn't" and after an hour found dead resistor, for which replacement was scavenged from tv set, which was taken from rubbish pile. Well, that's what I call knowledge! My knowledge is mostly about soldering the correct wires together
msh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 08:42 AM   #14
timmyB4
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneandbolly View Post
yes, i saw those ones on ebay but just look at those prices!!

i'd like mine repaired but i'm not going to go silly money for it. if it's past it
then it will just stay slotted in where it's always been - i prefer the sound
of the quattro's engine to any music!!

i bought a blaupunkt toronto RCM 40 for £449 in 1992 !!! if you use maxell vertex blank tapes ( £15 each blank lol ) you will feel your ASSQUAKE bass . the problem i had with mine was the detachable connector with 50 plus gold pins on it . check that first as it can go back together with a bent pin and still lock . cheers
timmyB4 is offline   Reply With Quote