Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Freedom of speech.

Old 11-12-15, 07:08 PM   #21
4v6
Ex Member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjp0349 View Post
I agree with you in principal 4v6, but are you saying that all free speech should be allowed, no matter what they say? What about those that preach hatred and encourage violence?
Speech that encourages violence, absolutely not, for which we already have incitement to commit (various crimes).
As for the rest, in a free society, a real one not the fake one we currently all enjoy, the price you pay is that someone somewhere is always going to be offended by something.
What offends me might make you laugh until your head fell off and so on, but its stupid to expect the police to investigate things that have been said when no such incitement has occurred and an outrageous waste of resources to enter such nonsense into law.
The problem we seem to have now is trial by media, be that by facebook fruitcakes or twitter layabouts or the usual channels who are apparently running the show when it comes to whats able to be said or not, to me thats unacceptable and has to be stopped.

If anyone wants to call me a white, moronic cackhead with dubious sexual preferences and questionable parentage then ill kick your heads in... erm not really, itd not make a bit of difference to me, the offence would be mine to deal with.
To go calling the plods for it is childish, vexatious and shows a lack of character and backbone id say.
4v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-15, 07:56 PM   #22
inne3quattro
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

If anyone wants to call me a white, moronic cackhead with dubious sexual preferences and questionable parentage then ill kick your heads in... erm not really, itd not make a bit of difference to me, the offence would be mine to deal with.
inne3quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-15, 10:41 PM   #23
Emjay
Man Fettler Extraodinaire
Classic Audi Club Member

[quote=4v6;395936]Ironic that 400,000 screaming lunatics are baying for the blood of one outspoken american........using their freedom of speech to try to curtail his....paranoia indeed.[/QUOTE

So 40,000 people (where does that figure come from? )are 'lunatics' for expressing a counter opinion? This is where the argument is lost for me whichever side of the political fence we sit on. Argue the toss as much as we will but the monent we start labelling prople as somehow lacking mentally or otherwise because of a viewpoint or belief then surely we have lost the highground, moral or otherwise. My views may not be the same as yours but that does not make them any less valid or reasoned or heartfelt.

Peace and respect Tony x
Emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-15, 11:34 PM   #24
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

"Freedom of Speech"?

It's all bollocks....
Old 12-12-15, 10:31 AM   #25
4v6
Ex Member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4v6 View Post
Ironic that 400,000 screaming lunatics are baying for the blood of one outspoken american........using their freedom of speech to try to curtail his....paranoia indeed.
So 40,000 people (where does that figure come from? )are 'lunatics' for expressing a counter opinion? This is where the argument is lost for me whichever side of the political fence we sit on. Argue the toss as much as we will but the monent we start labelling prople as somehow lacking mentally or otherwise because of a viewpoint or belief then surely we have lost the highground, moral or otherwise. My views may not be the same as yours but that does not make them any less valid or reasoned or heartfelt.

Peace and respect Tony x
Hi Martyn, the 400,000 comes from the trump petition thats currently in vogue.
The labelling started with them (the media, the left the aforementioned twittering twits and facilebookers) calling him racist, ( using subversion of language and meaning to try and produce a certain outcome- which they managed yet again) fascist, phobic ( another term abused by those of an over emotional nature) and a half dozen other things that elude me at the moment.
The truth is what it is, the most telling thing for me isnt the number of signers of this petition got ( started by a woman who has a personal beef with trump over his golf course in scotland rather than what he said which makes her something less than disingenuous to say the least) its the number of people who didnt sign it.

Its always been the way that people call each other names, I guess it always will be, I get called lots of different things every day but the police arent being called as some would do.
We seem to have a section of society that want to prevent any opinions other than their own from being heard and using stazi like tactics to achieve it, woe betide anyone stepping out of line and diverging from the narrative.
Thats not freedom, its enforced ideology, thats where my beef comes from, its all one way traffic and it quite frankly stinks, and sooner or later itll lead to trouble.

Regardless of my political or personal beliefs and how opposite to yours they may be doesnt change the fact that I view you exactly as I always have, a friend.

Have a very happy christmas fella.
4v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-15, 05:43 PM   #26
Emjay
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4v6 View Post
Regardless of my political or personal beliefs and how opposite to yours they may be doesnt change the fact that I view you exactly as I always have, a friend.

Have a very happy christmas fella.
On this my friend we are in total agreement. Have a great Christmas
Old 12-12-15, 08:42 PM   #27
rich.r

The thing is Trump by stating stop muslims entering the USA may well stop some killings or bombings.

It won't stop the ones in the country already.

As has been said in the past not all Muslims are suicide bombers but all the suicide bombers have been Muslims.

Unless you know different.
rich.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-15, 12:02 AM   #28
Emjay
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich.r View Post
The thing is Trump by stating stop muslims entering the USA may well stop some killings or bombings.

It won't stop the ones in the country already.

As has been said in the past not all Muslims are suicide bombers but all the suicide bombers have been Muslims.

Unless you know different.
Trump should be far more concerned about the amount of American cutizens that die at the hands if fellow Anerican citizens due to an absurd constiution that allows them all to bear arms.
Old 13-12-15, 12:09 AM   #29
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Trump should be far more concerned about the amount of American cutizens that die at the hands if fellow Anerican citizens due to an absurd constiution that allows them all to bear arms.
Well said,you got to love the Yanks,they just cannot see the obvious.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-15, 08:55 AM   #30
Steev
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
And when is all goes wrong the phrase that always makes me wince is "lessons will be learned"
NSU RO 80 1975 (look it up!)
Vauxhall Cavalier Mk1 2000 GL 1979
Vauxhall Cavalier Mk1 1900 GL Coupe 1978
Vauxhall Viva HB 1967 (45HP beast!)
Steev is offline   Reply With Quote