Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » 1973 B1 Audi 80

Old 09-10-11, 09:58 PM   #11
ZermattGT
Quad Lamp Commando
Classic Audi Club Member

Trev,........why?
Are you ok?
Such a beautiful car, with sooooo many NOS parts, and soooo much love and so much of your personality in her. Top 5 resto threads on here ever. An inspiration to us all.

Why are you selling her m8?
I hope life hasn't forced this sale on you.

Matt
Old 09-10-11, 10:06 PM   #12
jack1
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

you could try piston heads but from what you sald there not much more you can do,,are you getting any feedback from any of the sites
jack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 10:33 PM   #13
trev
Grown up member

zero feedback beyond "nice car mate" type of comments. I don't mind the comments but some enquiries from buyers with cash would be nice!!

zermatt, I'm fine and life hasn't forced the sale on me (thankfully!!!) the car was always going to be for sale. I enjoy the restoration end of things and I'm itching to get on with the next one. I built it to make a bit of a splash at shows and maybe get into a mag. I was delighted to win best Audi at the only show it's been to and to get featured in two mags!! So it's served its purpose.

I reckon it could be a bit of a trophy trap at the UK VAG shows, I'd like to be in a positon to bring it to the likes of Players or Edition38 but with a new baby it's not realistic.

So, I'm trying to find my buyer! I realise that I might have pitched it a bit rich at ST£12.5k but I'd like to start talks with a prospective buyer to see where we end up...
trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 11:05 PM   #14
jk66
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default 1973 b1 audi 80

so audi lovers what would you pay for the car, and its a stunner
jk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 11:27 PM   #15
jack1
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

ok here's my toupence,,well honestly i dont know what its worth but i wouldnt pay 12 and a half grand stg for it personally and i think this could be part of the prob your haviing along with a world wide recession ,, you say yourself it may be a bit strong in price if so get a bit closer to what you think is nearly there in price as over the top prices are scareing people off now in these times ,,please dont be offended but you say your gettin no feedback so i hope this helps and maybe a few more might step up with there views now ,best of luck as its a lovely lookin motor
jack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 07:52 AM   #16
trev
Grown up member

I know what you're saying. I mentioned at the end of the two features that it was for sale but mentioned no price. I thought I might have had an enquiry or two at least to ask the price but nothing. The price is only on the web forum ads I've put up, like here...

While £12.5k might be a bit rich for you (TBH I could never justify spending that kind of money to buy a car in one go either, I'd be divorced!) there are folk out there who still have cash despite the recession and it's Ford Fiesta money for a car that won't depreciate like a Fiesta. How many top condition really early RHD Audi 80s are out there?

So I'm trying to find my elusive wealthy buyer. I half considered canvassing the Audi dealerships, it would be a nice showroom attraction...

I wonder would it appeal to a wider "classic car" audience if it was at stock height, stock lamps, stock wheels. I have all that stuff but I'd have to refurb the wheels and get new 13" tyres and better chrome hubcaps.

Thankfully the gun isn't to my head. I don't HAVE to sell it but I would like to get on with the next project TBH...
Old 10-10-11, 03:43 PM   #17
ChrisG
Classic Audi Club Member

I'm not sure that the wider classic car audience would be that interested ?? They seem to prefer more 'mainstream' cars at cheaper prices ( and often easier to get parts for !!).

I'm sure that there are Audi dealers who wouldn't buy but may be interested in it as a display.... and that in itself may result in a sale?? A few of the dealers are run by 'car' people but most these days seem to be just a branch of Syntner/Inchcape/why and are interested only in selling you new in stock/ recently traded motors that result in swift turnover and a healy profit -- or am I being cynical?
It's a lovely looking car.
Personally I'd prefer it to be a period colour
.... and why didn't you put 256mms discs on the front ( Scirocco 16v discs with calipers from a B3) except the stock 13" wouldn't ever fit..... answered my own question !!

Yes there is money around but it's held by fewer and fewer people these days whereas a couple + years ago anybody would just pop out and borrow £12k. I suspect many of those with it are unlikely to 'blow it' on an 'old car' unless it's something with much more pedigree (Aston, Jag, Rolls, Mercedes, Porsche.)
Just my 2p !!
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 07:01 PM   #18
trev
Grown up member

black is a period colour. I have the colour options brochure for the '73 model year and black was one of the choices. The wheels are period perfect, they were fitted to early '70s Porsches
Old 10-10-11, 07:33 PM   #19
B2AUDI80
B2 Brigade
Classic Audi Club Member

as fine a car as it is Trevor and its more than likely the very best out there thats for sure , it would probably appeal better to an audi collector at standard ride height and maybe original type wheels or a car at that money would have to be an original untouched example , and on the other hand the scene queens that it would appeal to probably wont buy it as youve already done the work and it would be hard for them to put their own mark on it

either way its a stunner

www.northernretros.co.uk

1984 80 Sport
1970 hb viva
1983 Honda Odyssey 250
1981 Suzuki 450 GS
1980 t25 danbury
B2AUDI80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 09:00 PM   #20
trev
Grown up member

I know but I reckon there's room for a V6TDI or a 20VT up front and there's a world of wheels out there for a new owner to swap to!!

I suppose I'm destined to keep the car. In which case I'll raise it a bit, put taller tyres on, fit rear seatbelts so I can put a baby seat in and not worry too much about keeping it super shiny