Classic Audi Club Member

Default Audi B6 S4 4.2 V8
Seller Type : Private
Vehicle Make : Audi
Vehicle Model : Audi S4
Price : £7000
Additional Details : V5C (Logbook) ,Taxed ,MOT'd

Audi S4 B6 4.2 V8

I am looking to sell my Audi S4 B6 for a very good reason: i want to build a track car!

So, Essentially I am looking at a straight cash sale or a p/x with a B5 S4 and cash my way (PM me with a proposal if this appeals)

She is a beautiful car, rock solid and the second B6 S4 I have owned - I learnt so many things about this model of car based on previous bad experiences so I knew exactly what to look out for and to ensure that it had the right spec, the right work done and the right history.

As you may know these cars suffer from neglect and poor long life servicing, despite having a full stamped service history I took her off the long life service plan and onto the shorter one, this is better for the engine and helps avoid the tensioner problem.

The engine is quite, with no tensioner issues, and the car doesn’t suffer from the usual problems of leaking auxiliary radiators, clutch or dual mass flywheel problems, no misfires or coil pack problems, saggy suspension or the like.

She comes fully loaded with the upgraded smooth leather interior in black, factory fit RNS-E Sav Nav system, Bose speakers, RSAP hands free bluetooth interface, Solar Sunroof that powers the interior cooling when the car is parked up, and all the other gear you know and love about these cars.

I have upgraded the wheels to Cades Tyrus 19” alloys running Michelin 235/35/19 Eagle F1s and there is plenty of tread life left in them with no uneven wear, she drives lovely! I have spared no expense on here during my ownership and I haven't scrimped on quality of parts or service items.

She is about 800 miles from the next service, and if I make the asking price I am looking for I will have the service done and a new MOT put on the car.

Mileage 130K
MOT'd to 28th of August
Taxed till end of October

£6500 with Service and new MOT
£6000 as she currently stands

Based in Northampton, viewing welcome, more photos and history information available on request.

Last edited by 1781cc; 08-06-14 at 07:18 PM.
1781cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-14, 08:01 PM   #2
1781cc
Classic Audi Club Member

Back up for sale, slight change of plans (once again after spending loads of un-necessary money on her)

This is my second B6 Audi S4 and when I came to look for it I knew exactly what to look for as I was aware of all the problems these cars faced (timing rattle, auxiliary radiators, dual mass flywheel and clutch) and I was also aware of all the extras that made the car perfectly specced (RNS-E, Solar Sunroof that powers the air ventilation when the car is off, Carbon Trim, Black Nappa Leather interior) so that I could cherry pic the best of the best.

During my ownership she has had no expense spared on servicing, parts, upgrades and maintenance items totaling over £4,000 in the last 18 months to make her fast, reliable and solid.

These include:

- Full Milltek non-res cat back stainless steel exhaust system
- 19” Cades Tyrus alloy wheels with Michelin Eagle F1 tyres
- Two new rear calipers and hoses
- Uprated drilled and grooved discs and pads all round
- New alternator belt
- New suspension components
- New upper control arms (all 4)
- New CV joint
- New OSR Lower Front Suspension arm
- New rocker cover gaskets (no oil leaks)

The mileage is about average for the year of the car at 137,000 miles and these cars can do so well into the 200,000+ if maintained properly, I have no doubts about this car given the full and extensive service history of the car prior to and during my ownership.

She is a 6-speed manual with a silent box and a perfectly working clutch, starts from cold with no rattles or timing chain issues, drives solidly and consumes minimal oil. There are no leaks from the auxiliary radiators (common problem) and no misfires from the coilpacks (again, common problem with these cars), I have also taken her off the long-life Audi service plan so that oil changes are more regular and it has been proven this is better for the longevity of the car.

Inside, you aren’t short of toys as the car boasts dual zone climate control, Bose Stereo system with full RNS-E and updated official Audi navigation DVD as well a the 6-CD changer and MP3 SD slots (10 cards supplied), Electric heater leather Recaro seats, electric sunroof, electric mirrors, traction control

Ideally I was looking to keep her for the long term (hence carrying out loads of work and upgrade items) but I shake the desire to have something different as this is my second S4 but the opportunity to pick up a dream car has arrived hence the need to release funds for her purchase.

I am a member of AudiSRS and RS246 and details of the car and work undertaken can be found on these forums as well as extensive advice and guidance for prospective new owners of these rocket ships.

Tax runs till 31/10/15
Mot runs till 28/09/15
Next service (minor) due in 5000 miles

Based in Northampton and owner of a full VAGCOM system, I will be happy to undertake a full diagnostic scan the car before and after a test drive to prove there are no issues at all.

Looking at £6500 - Bargain considering the recent upgrades as well!

New pics...

Old 17-12-14, 08:23 PM   #3
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

A lot of car for the money.Looking very nice there Lee! GLWS
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-14, 10:57 AM   #4
1781cc
Classic Audi Club Member

Sold! deposit taken pending new year collection...
Old 30-12-14, 02:14 PM   #5
Daveymaclad
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Good stuff, I'm getting a huge hankering for a V8 again. If it doesn't sell you'll have to post a vid of the cars sound with the milltek exhaust