Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Audi 80 B3 as a daily driver

Old 07-01-18, 05:58 PM   #21
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

A proper fuel injected one...... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-Audi....c100005.m1851

High miles but body looks ok.......seat's are a bit tired maybe. A set of later/slightly bigger wheels would set it off?
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 06:02 PM   #22
Flying Frank
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

OOOOFFFF !!! But Jimbo wants to run up 10,000 miles a year ; get me a tin of T cut and some polish , a nice set of wagon wheels ( in honour of Craig! ) and I'd take the GL any day.
Flying Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 06:18 PM   #23
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Frank View Post
a nice set of wagon wheels ( in honour of Craig! ) and I'd take the GL any day.
I suppose they'd act like an alarm/immobiliser, it'd put anybody off thinking about nicking it?!
Old 07-01-18, 06:22 PM   #24
Flying Frank
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Shhhhh! Craig might be listening! Actually , I DO like them! But as we all agree , it's "horses for courses".

And I guess when and if Jimbo reads this, you John are the one who has the most experience of Audis out of the two of us so he would do well to listen to you.
Flying Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 06:39 PM   #25
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Shhhhh! Craig might be listening! Actually , I DO like them! But as we all agree , it's "horses for courses".

And I guess when and if Jimbo reads this, you John are the one who has the most experience of Audis out of the two of us so he would do well to listen to you.
I think they're like what GL style (dartboard look) steelies are to an old Ford.......they do the job, nothing more nothing less, they're round and they work. They're ok........but why did they make them only 15", why not 16"?.......and have a smaller centre cap?......more like a "minilight".

Anyway.....how many cars have you had?(!).........I'd say you're better placed than me regards experience!!

Old 08-01-18, 01:47 PM   #26
Jimbo 123
Newbie!

Quote:
Hi, Have been following your quest for a nice Audi 80. Whilst the one you selected looks ok'ish , the one I'd go for is under item number 282696763855. ( couldn't get the link to work )

I was tempted myself , more especially as its an injected version rather than a carb version. Admittedly higher miles but supposedly has a full Audi service history and only one owner. Also higher price but the seller might have some leeway as he is a dealer and you might be able to get a short warranty.

I have no connection with the sale I hasten to add, but from previous experiences, I'd try and steer clear of the old carb cars. Good Luck.
Thanks for the response. You mention that it is ok'ish is there anything that puts you off aside from the it being carb'ed?

What puts me off with the Audi you have shown is that it is literally the other side of the country for me, plus I prefer that interior of the one I have posted.

When you say avoid carb cars from previous experience, have you had issues with carb'd Audi 80's in the past?
Jimbo 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-18, 01:51 PM   #27
Jimbo 123
Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John. View Post
A proper fuel injected one...... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-Audi....c100005.m1851

High miles but body looks ok.......seat's are a bit tired maybe. A set of later/slightly bigger wheels would set it off?
This one is nice, but I do prefer the B3 models.
Old 08-01-18, 01:52 PM   #28
Jimbo 123
Newbie!

Quote:
I think they're like what GL style (dartboard look) steelies are to an old Ford.......they do the job, nothing more nothing less, they're round and they work. They're ok........but why did they make them only 15", why not 16"?.......and have a smaller centre cap?......more like a "minilight".

Anyway.....how many cars have you had?(!).........I'd say you're better placed than me regards experience!!

So in conclusion, who should I listen to the most
Old 08-01-18, 02:17 PM   #29
msh
4 ring whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy3074 View Post
You may find this useful. Febi are OEM for a lot of German kit.

http://www.febi-live.com

Febi is cheap stuff which is better to be avoided, unless there are no better alternatives.
msh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-18, 02:36 PM   #30
slacky
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo 123 View Post
This one is nice, but I do prefer the B3 models.
that looks lovely to be fair

90q-Cab.
2.3E-Ur-S6
-b2-80 Sport
Member 111
slacky is offline   Reply With Quote