Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Parts Wanted » 100 10v Turbo engine ?

Old 01-12-14, 02:21 PM   #1
Chris Chambers
Grown up member

Default 100 10v Turbo engine ?

looking to purchase a C3 100 10v Turbo engine
many thanks guys
Chris Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-14, 06:12 PM   #2
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

It might be worth your while looking out for a 200turbo being scrapped/sold off cheap, as it will sort out much of the parts requirement, including all the fiddly little bits that make the rest of the job go easier.

Engine, with loom, ECU, gearbox sensors
Turbo, down pipe
Intercooler, if you're lucky
Old 14-12-14, 09:27 PM   #3
rallymantony
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

I have a good 10v turbo engine from a ur quattro that I've been considering selling if thats any good? Not sure to keep or sell. Open to offers.
rallymantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-14, 11:36 AM   #4
msh
4 ring whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Chambers View Post
looking to purchase a C3 100 10v Turbo engine
many thanks guys
If you're looking for replacement engine, it would be good to specify if you're looking for MC1 or MC2 - if you're going to swap it somewhere in place of NA engine, then the choices are even bigger so it must be considered which of approx half a dozen engines would be better.
msh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-14, 09:16 PM   #5
Chris Chambers
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymantony View Post
I have a good 10v turbo engine from a ur quattro that I've been considering selling if thats any good? Not sure to keep or sell. Open to offers.
yeah , what mileage is it at and its general condition, also what would it be like to drop into a C3 engine bay ? what you asking for it ?
Old 15-12-14, 09:21 PM   #6
Chris Chambers
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh View Post
If you're looking for replacement engine, it would be good to specify if you're looking for MC1 or MC2 - if you're going to swap it somewhere in place of NA engine, then the choices are even bigger so it must be considered which of approx half a dozen engines would be better.
ah ok , well i currently have a C£ with a 10v 2.0L KP engine and i have just had it rebuilty and its on 253,000 miles so i am not expecting it to last me to much longer but long enough. I love the car alot and only see it potential to be my all round best car ! so would like to give it "slleper status" where i change it to a quattro and put in a 5 pot enigne with a turbo that can be played with ! so i have been looking at S2 engines but fitting them is a little more complicated than i what at this moment in time ! how ever the goal is standadrd looking with orginal parts kept but performance modified to make it one hell of a beast, seen it done with 200's so i want tot give it ago with my 100 !
Old 15-12-14, 09:23 PM   #7
Chris Chambers
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real MSH! View Post
It might be worth your while looking out for a 200turbo being scrapped/sold off cheap, as it will sort out much of the parts requirement, including all the fiddly little bits that make the rest of the job go easier.

Engine, with loom, ECU, gearbox sensors
Turbo, down pipe
Intercooler, if you're lucky
Where can i find this sort of thing ! i havent been able to find any 200's for sale at all whether road worthy or spares and repairs ?
Old 15-12-14, 09:26 PM   #8
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

If it isn't Quattro already, then you'll be giving yourself quite a big project.

Have you even compared some of the drawings/parts lists just to make a turbo 5pot fit?
Now add in a complete rework of the floor pan to hang the quattro stuff from, and surely you might as well go looking for a 200 Quattro.
Old 15-12-14, 09:34 PM   #9
Chris Chambers
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real MSH! View Post
If it isn't Quattro already, then you'll be giving yourself quite a big project.

Have you even compared some of the drawings/parts lists just to make a turbo 5pot fit?
Now add in a complete rework of the floor pan to hang the quattro stuff from, and surely you might as well go looking for a 200 Quattro.
well i know there was a 100 10 v turbo produced and wondered if that would be the easiest, but yeah i can appreciate it would be a large project but its something i want to under go in the next couple of years, how ever this being classic audi i am open to opinions and suggestion about this sort of thing ! so should i just wait until i can buy a proper Quattro ? the only thing being is that that nearly £20,000 for one :/
Old 15-12-14, 09:48 PM   #10
audicoupeparts
Classic Audi Club Member

Cut the body off it and drop it onto a d2 v8 floor pan instead
audicoupeparts is offline   Reply With Quote