Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Wheels & Tyres » Alloy Wheels - 100 Coupe S

Old 19-05-09, 09:27 PM   #21
ZermattGT
Quad Lamp Commando
Classic Audi Club Member

My brother had a killer Fiat X1-9 (170 hp) that had Ruspas on it. Gorgeous. Then one got tweeked at an Auto-cross bad enough he wanted a replacement. Never found one. But, man they made the car.
ZermattGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-09, 09:14 AM   #22
burny
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZermattGT View Post
What about these, which another posted, I think they are Peugot 405-505 rims.

This coupe belong to a french friend
Wheels come from Peugeot 504.

PCD is the same between Peugeot 504 505 and 604.

But I think he had to mill the central diameter
burny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-09, 07:18 PM   #23
MartyP
Grown up member

Thanks for that guys - just got to be lucky enough to find some now! Seems there are a few period aftermarket wheels around too but its just finding them... I really like the Italian look of the Ruspas, Peugoet, Ronal, Cromadoras etc which seem to suit the Coupe (I guess that's the visual link with the Fiat Dino Coupe then...?) so keeping my eyes peeled now and adding them to my ebay wish list...
MartyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-12, 10:44 PM   #24
Designers
Newbie!

Default PCD

Hi,

I'm fairly new to this car but when I saw it we both thought that we are going to change the wheels to something bigger and wider. We both have owned some wierd and wonderful classics Simon has an E-type and K Ghia and I (Jamie) had a Delorean, Skoda Rapid Cabriolet and '90 300zx amongst others.
I guessed that the pcd would be the same of the Skoda or VW Beetle of the era and correctly mentioned there are some Caravan and car trailer manufacturers that use it too. The Peugeot is also the same but needs some "hub work" ? Maybe only for the Skoda?? I remember they have pcd of 4x130mm not sure of that in inches. We shall soon find out once we have the car delivered . Simon has a spare set of slot mags (not sure what size hopefully 15x7") for the K Ghia. Wierdly enough I had a set of slot mags on my Skoda that where off a K Ghia.

I shall report back within a week!!
Designers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-12, 11:38 PM   #25
ZermattGT
Quad Lamp Commando
Classic Audi Club Member

Greetings and welcome.
You should pop into the Newbie? introduction area and say hello!
Old 31-01-12, 01:14 PM   #26
100 Coupe
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Hello and welcome.

As you say, Beetles have a PCD of 130mm. Your 100 Coupe has a 140mm PCD which is shared with Peugeot 504s, 505s and some caravans/trailers, but not much else.

Peugeot wheels will need a little machining to allow them to fit onto the Audis' hubs.

Caravan/trailer wheels tend to be 4 stud if they're 13" or smaller, and 5 stud if they're 14". They may also lack tyre retention 'safety humps' which car wheels have.

Another option is to have adapters made up to allow you to fit wheels with different PCDs, but you have to be careful to choose a suitable offset otherwise the tyres will rub the arches. MartyP has done this so will be able to offer advice.
100 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 08:44 AM   #27
MartyP
Grown up member

Hi Designers,

Yes, that was my hope too, when new to these cars but alas, 140mm it is...

As 100coupe said, I have made adaptors to fit 130mm pcd wheels, of which there are many to choose from...

The adaptors are 21mm thick so with careful offset choice (ET 25 too wide but ET 34mm ok on a 5.5 x 15inch rim).

I chose the '2-Litre' wheels from Midland Wheels in a 'flat' silver finish so not to look too 'Sparkly' and new - which, I think are pretty successful...

As a designer myself, I photoshopped loads of options before choosing these but a number of wheels would look great - 914 Mahle, Campagnolos, Sprintstars...

I will post a couple of pics of mine later...

Good Luck!
Old 02-02-12, 08:41 AM   #28
MartyP
Grown up member

Having trouble attaching pictures to a reply but have uploaded a couple of pics to my Album - have a look...
Cheers...
Old 02-02-12, 05:51 PM   #29
Designers
Newbie!

Hi Guys,

We picked up our Coupe this morning, loaded on the trailer and took it to Simons mate "Dancing Dave" to sort out. The sunroof is being paneled in (as doesn't seem to be original!) headliner replaced. But our priority is to get it on the road. we need a brake master cylinder and the starter needs recon'ed front seatbelts replaced which is all we need.
(Dancing Dave) is a mirical metal fabricator, he has just re created the back and inner wings of a 1960s Alfa Guillietta so we are not butchering the car!

I have to admit I was hoping in my mind! the pcd was 4 x130 but alas when measured you guys where correct pfft!

So if anyone can help sourcing parts that would be great and we should have a meet at some point when (Hans) is on the road!

My business partner owns an gorgeous car themed Hotel, Bar and Restraunt just outside Guildford - Ideal place for a meet?

Jamie
Designers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 06:16 PM   #30
quattro777
Super Sleuth!
Classic Audi Club Member

This one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-100-S-BLU...item4cf68a3766
quattro777 is offline   Reply With Quote