Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Forums and facebook

Old 09-11-18, 12:21 AM   #11
Jake Blight
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theschmallfella View Post
Fb is full of cretins, and people who just share other people's shi*e, it's why I only friend people I want to stay in touch with. It has it's uses, but I'm thinking fb has had its day.
I like/ prefer this forum to the FB page. I really can't be arsed to read half the pap that's written there. I don't post here much to be honest, real life is priority at the moment but I won't go into that. I just like the laid back way that we have here, help requested or help offered... or a right piss take/laughter moment. Some of the folk on here are truly barking.. I love it.
Jake Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 06:27 AM   #12
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post
This forum is a way better experience for the knowledge except the bitchyness that sometimes goes on here which is way worse than Fb. S2 forum beats it all loads of knowledge and never any nonsense on there 99.9% of the time.
So you're happy to use S2 forum for serious matters and happy to create a shitstorm on here?
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 07:36 AM   #13
V6Rob
Grown up member

Although l've only been on the FB page for a couple of weeks it doesn't seam too bad and I think it's popular because you get a quick answer to queries and adding pictures is way quicker, but l'll keep access this forum because it good to read a story about how a car has been restored, you just don't have that flow on FB.
V6Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 02:02 PM   #14
mikes2
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

I've got access to both but prefer it here as it's way easier to find and search
Old 09-11-18, 05:00 PM   #15
Ringmaster
Classic Audi Club Member

I check CA as often as I can and avoid FB like the plague.

The forum has a good feel about it and helps an idiot like me learn at times.

Although I agree that having a way to post photos on here directly (as we once did) would be a plus....
Ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 11:27 PM   #16
David Small
David Small - Mr 80k
Classic Audi Club Member

This forum will keep going despite the daily activity seeing a drop in posts as I think most forums have since the arrival of social media. Coxy pays for this place out of his own pocket and we appreciate that sincerely.
My main activity is events especially Audi's in the Park and the Noggin n Natters and I have to say that the take up from Forum only members had been decreasing Year on year. We had 34 at AITP10 almost exclusively from the facebook page and we failed completely at ADI, we had members there but they quite rightly elected to park near the S2's and quite rightly left the poorly positioned Classic Audi plot vacant.
My main bug bear with the forum is the hassle in posting photos it takes forever. On the Facebook page it took me 5 minutes to upload 80+ photos from AITP10 on here it would take hours using Photofuckit.

That said I visit regularly you get a lot more indepth threads and posts on the forum than on facebook I

Last edited by David Small; 10-11-18 at 05:22 PM.
David Small is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 11:55 PM   #17
theschmallfella
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

It's a very different set of people that frequent here and the fb page, here there is a wealth of knowledge and sound advice from people who know what they're talking about. Facebook? Well, I notice that when someone posts something the comments section are usually filled with, well, comments. Empty gestures mostly and at times useless anecdotes from people with little knowledge. Now I'm not saying that it's full of people like that, indeed there are a lot of people with the right things to say, but I think ye get my drift. I think that's why we, as in all who frequent here, come here. Mostly it's no bullshit, we have a question we need to ask, we get the answers. Social media is destroying the fabric of society bit by painful bit, it's part of the makeup of things now, but, there's no reason why forums like this can't be kept alive. Facebook has it's place, and it has it's uses, but I'd pick this place over fb any day.
theschmallfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 09:34 AM   #18
Jake Blight
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theschmallfella View Post
It's a very different set of people that frequent here and the fb page, here there is a wealth of knowledge and sound advice from people who know what they're talking about. Facebook? Well, I notice that when someone posts something the comments section are usually filled with, well, comments. Empty gestures mostly and at times useless anecdotes from people with little knowledge. Now I'm not saying that it's full of people like that, indeed there are a lot of people with the right things to say, but I think ye get my drift. I think that's why we, as in all who frequent here, come here. Mostly it's no bullshit, we have a question we need to ask, we get the answers. Social media is destroying the fabric of society bit by painful bit, it's part of the makeup of things now, but, there's no reason why forums like this can't be kept alive. Facebook has it's place, and it has it's uses, but I'd pick this place over fb any day.
Well said
Jake Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 10:32 AM   #19
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

I flat blank refuse to do Facebook, Twitter type social media. So this forum portal is all i have and will remain loyal to.

Hence why. I'm a moderator.
Old 10-11-18, 12:51 PM   #20
audi80fan
Classic Audi Club Member

Hear, hear

This is a great forum. Well done coxy and all who contribute to the overall nice atmosphere and great threads. This is by far my favourite classic / audi / car / other forum .
audi80fan is offline   Reply With Quote