Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Parts For Sale » Custom Speed-lines, Really nice wheels.

Old 09-03-22, 07:20 AM   #21
K Simmonds
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obli View Post
Yes, a very happy not-so-young-these-days chappy! Thanks Kit
Sorry, I didn't mean to be condescending, I misread some of the info in your project thread and put you at roughly 30 not 40, still mate that's young(ish) I'm only a few years older than you myself. Though at the moment I feel about 70.

Last edited by K Simmonds; 09-03-22 at 07:25 AM.
K Simmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-22, 08:20 AM   #22
Obli
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

It's ok, I didn't mind at all, quite the opposite actually.
But 42 next month 🙂
Obli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-22, 08:49 AM   #23
K Simmonds
Classic Audi Club Member

That put's you at very close to same age as my younger brother in that case, he's 42 next week. I'm 45 next month, on the 13th. Where does the time go!

It's worked out well you collecting the wheels tomorrow as a customer has an emergency job for me today that I can do with hurting myself. Nice an easy, rebuild a K-jet warm up regulator, well it looks easy in the instructions, no doubt it won't be quite so straight forward.
Old 11-03-22, 10:44 AM   #24
Obli
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Kit, I'd just like to say thank you for yesterday, for your time and for a great deal on some stunning wheels. Great to meet you and we really enjoyed the afternoon. I hope it wasn't too much trouble.

I don't usually go crazy with detailing fuss on cars, but these wheels are so nicely done that I've already started reading up on wheel care advice! They're worth the effort. Originally I was looking for any wheels with tyres that can be pumped up to get the car moving about. Now it's the other extreme! I can't just slap these on just yet without a bit of fuss and protection applied!

Great stuff! Best wishes,

James
Obli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 11:08 AM   #25
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obli View Post
........these wheels are so nicely done
Would be nice to see them on the car

John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 11:47 AM   #26
K Simmonds
Classic Audi Club Member

Honestly, is was a pleasure to meet you and your Dad. Absolutely no trouble at all, I was starting to feel bad about holding you up on on his Birthday, but we kept finding so much to talk about, hope you had a smashing meal by the way.

I also really enjoyed the afternoon and both of your company, it's helped me put some things in to perspective.

I'm taking it easy today as getting that axe out yesterday morning has made my arms stiff as hell, still I think in the long run it will have done more good than harm and now I have kindling wood so haven't got to worry about keeping the fire going 24 hours a day.

Glad your chuffed with rim's, they are really very nicely done and though you got a bit of bargain I actually think it was a pretty fair deal both ways as you saved me having to use eBay and loads potential hassle, which as you know is the last thing I need.

There's got to be products you can use to keep them looking great without too much bother, as I said I've run RM's with mirror polished rims as well as faces and managed all year round with just some simple stuff like wire wool (in the winter) then WD40 and a rag. Road salt is the main enemy though!

There's got to be better ways to look after them though, and I'm sure now that style of finish is somewhat in fashion there will be company's making appropriate care products.

Thanks for the good wishes mate.