Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » I hate photobucket !!

Old 22-06-17, 01:19 PM   #1
Jake Blight
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default I hate photobucket !!

Is there any other photo hosting site that's free and doesn't make you wait a lifetime to do stuff with photos? So many adverts, pop ups and waiting around.. It is sooooo slow. Not helping that my pc gets a right hissy fit every time I try to use that site. I've now given up with photofuckit and taken all of my pics off and deleted my account with them.

There has got to be a better way to put photos on here..
Jake Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-17, 03:47 PM   #2
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

The same problems exists for such sites as would exist if Classic Audi were to host photos directly- cost of storage space, and who will pay? The endless stream of ads is the price for free hosting. TANSTAAFL in other words.

It's not helped by the explosion of action cameras, and the huge storage needs that arise. I have a terabyte of videos from acting the hooligan around the skies, and am reluctant to pay to stick them online, simply because of the cost.

Which means there's also big bucks to be made from hosting your photos.

Photobucket has a pro-version. Pay up, no ads.
Presumably Flickr and all the others are moving the same way.
Old 22-06-17, 07:50 PM   #3
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

You've got to be innovative with photbucket. Use an add blocker,no more nonsense bothering you anymore. It seams at certain times the site runs so slow that it's almost impossible to upload and copy and paste. I worked out a little trick a while back. When you want to access your pics you just uploaded,could have been ten for example, it sometimes won't let you see a photo you've clicked on to. Trick, go into video mode and you can access your pictures you just uploaded that way.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-17, 08:54 PM   #4
Jake Blight
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Cheers guys. I can understand the financial requirements of the site, I'm just not prepared to pay that site for the service it gives. As VDT says, it's the unbelievably long arduous wait that so often takes place that annoys the crap out of me. I can put up with 'some adverts as the price to pay for a free service, but photobucket is on a hiding to nothing with me. Guess it'll be no pictures from me until I can find an easier less aggravating site to use.
Jake Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-17, 09:18 PM   #5
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

I still use Tapatalk (with the original unlimited upload add-on) for a lot of my less important images. I'm not sure if it still exists, though.

Uploading photos to the web- are you maybe uploading them at popular times, when everyone else might well be. I've seen this take at least 30minutes for one image, mid evening, and 5 minutes for 10 images in the middle of the night.
Old 23-06-17, 06:56 AM   #6
Flying Frank
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
I have a terabyte of videos from acting the hooligan around the skies, and am reluctant to pay to stick them online, simply because of the cost.

Go on, you know we'd all love to see them !!! Well I certainly would.....

As for Photobucket, I agree that choice of time makes a huge difference. Only thing I'm not so keen on is when someone accesses a picture , they can then scroll through all the others which may not be quite what you want everyone to see.
Flying Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-17, 07:55 AM   #7
Davids
4 ring whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Frank View Post
Go on, you know we'd all love to see them !!! Well I certainly would.....

they can then scroll through all the others which may not be quite what you want everyone to see.
you cant put that on here, now we all want to see what we shouldn't see, that's a tease, was she fit ?
Davids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-17, 10:29 AM   #8
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Frank View Post
Only thing I'm not so keen on is when someone accesses a picture , they can then scroll through all the others which may not be quite what you want everyone to see.
Click the privacy button simples. Come on Frank open your eyes.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote