Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Shiply

Old 15-07-11, 12:39 PM   #21
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti View Post
In other news, the last lot that bid on it trade under the name of "Canary" on there. They apparently are this firm http://www.cprltd.co.uk/

I had exactly the same problem with Canary. I got on to the phone to them next day and had a right rant.
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-11, 01:11 PM   #22
yeti
Classic Audi Club Member

Thing is from their perspective, now that customers pay fees, there's no reason they shouldn't. Best case they get an extra job, worst case they don't get a job they never had in the first place.

Takes the piss though, you wouldn't say you could do a job where the car didn't start and drive, so why should they take a job where they can't get their vehicle in? All they had to do was ask a question when they tenderred.

They got this back:

Quote:
Karen

You were happy to take deposit without checking the details of the job. I have no idea what other vehicles are in your fleet beyond the artics, nor is it any of my concern if you are tenderring for a job. I would assume as a professional transport company, you are aware of your fleets capabilities, and have the sense to ask any relevant questions. A quick message with your bid asking about access would have solved this problem.

Do not try and blackmail me by witholding my deposit. Please advise Shiply promptly to return my deposit forthwith.

Please note that Shiply currently have around £90 of my money, that, if neccessary, I will seek to reclaim via the county courts process.

Please provide your company's registerred address so papers may be served.

Please note that all correspondence with yourself is being retained as evidence. Should a claim be issued against yourselves, it will include a claim for my time for preparing the case, and dealing with correspondence. My time is generally billed at a rate of £9.58/hr. Interest will be added to any claim at the court agreed rate.

Please contact me in writing only, be it by email or post care of the address below.

Ste....
and got this back

Quote:
Good Morning Mr Woolsey,

Your comments read and noted. We have no comment to make or action to take.

Your actual deposit was paid to Shiply and we hold none of it. May I suggest you deal with Shiply direct and address your grievances with them.

Kind Regards
Colin Nelson
Director
Next time I'm in Norfolk, they're getting a turd on their doorstep.
More Polos that you'd ever believe
No time, no money, all the wrong tools and a workshop that's too far away
yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-11, 02:04 PM   #23
Phil Payne
Banned

It is a legal requirement (Companies Act, January 1, 2007, Business Names Act 1985) for a UK company to list its physical and registered office addresses, company registration number, place of registration, and VAT number (if applicable) on its website.

CPR's website is in breach of these requirements. Report them to Companies House.
Phil Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 01:59 PM   #24
yeti
Classic Audi Club Member

Finally got hold of Shiply on the phone thanks to Google 0161 4083610.

They tried bulling me and I told them I was recording the call and said this is the last contact you will receive from me to sort this out, after that we are going to have to go to court.

Initially they refunded £70 to my paypal out of the £86, and after a bit of fannying about, they sent the rest.

So the moral is, don't trust Shiply, they rely on hiding behind the internet to get out of most problems, then if you do manage to get them on the phone, they realise you're serious.
Old 12-09-11, 02:09 PM   #25
yeti
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Payne View Post
It is a legal requirement (Companies Act, January 1, 2007, Business Names Act 1985) for a UK company to list its physical and registered office addresses, company registration number, place of registration, and VAT number (if applicable) on its website.

CPR's website is in breach of these requirements. Report them to Companies House.

Thanks for the idea and citations Phil, cause I'm a bastard, I also sent this to Companies House:

Quote:
Dear Sir/Madam

I recently had a dispute with a company registered with yourselves, namely CPR Vehicle Deliveries of Norfolk. In attempting to find their registered offices to send legal correspondence to, I noticed that they do not display their registered office address on their company website. As I understand it, this is a legal requirement (Companies Act, January 1, 2007, Business Names Act 1985).

I would appreciate if you were able to contact them and see that this is rectified, so as to prevent other customers of theirs who have suffered due to their poor service further problems in tracing them.

Yours faithfully