Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Bumble-bee in car door - eeek!

Old 05-07-15, 10:11 AM   #11
msh
4 ring whore!

No, they should be thinking logically - that it's unnecessary to wear space suit to remove some damn wasp nest, because in worst case it will be bite which won't kill.

Sorry for the sarcasm. Unfortunately I feel that this question was natural response from member of western society, who has lost touch with nature and reality. The world outside is a bit different than presented by TV ads [advertising some ant killers and similar stuff] or doctors, who are warning to be cautious, because doing otherwise they could be sued. Wasp bite - well, it hurts for a moment, then it stops. I've managed to step on some wasp for a couple of times with bare foot and received bite in return. Fortunately so far I haven't received any bee bites, should be nastier, but bees are easier to spot.
msh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-15, 10:15 AM   #12
msh
4 ring whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggy View Post
just to be sure, but hopefully Mr bumble-bee's departure will have deterred his mates from wanting to take refuge in my boy, and I'll have no need to start up a honeycomb business in the coming months.
Stop worry about something you shouldn't. The possibility is one in a million, or less. I actually haven't heard about any wasp nests in cars, but that's because we don't tend to have unused cars lying around, and which animal is going to make home in car which is being used? Would you try to make bed in rear seat of someone elses car?
msh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-15, 10:22 AM   #13
leggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh View Post
...which animal is going to make home in car which is being used? Would you try to make bed in rear seat of someone elses car?
Spiders! I'm always finding cobwebs on a daily basis
And ummm, well yeh, if it was p'ing it down and I was to find a car nearby left unlocked, I'd defo take advantage, would also leave a handwritten note and a few quid to thank the owner for his/her hospitality, but then that's just me.
leggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-15, 11:57 AM   #14
Flying Frank
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

You were lucky not to get stung....when I got my last two Audis I certainly got stung!!
Flying Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-15, 12:35 PM   #15
leggy

Tell me about it Flying Frank....
I'm certainly not stupid enough to be sticking my fingers in to a gap with a large bumblebee crawling around inside it, and the one today was looking a little, umm, shall we say, crispy, so I knew digging it out wouldn't be a problem, providing nothing came out afterwards looking for it; also used a rather long pin just to be sure I didn't get any nasty 'sting' remnants!

For anyone interested, the deceased bumblebee was a male or a worker Buff-tailed bumblebee - Bombus terrestris, the one yesterday may well have been a female due to my recollection of it being darker with no white bum, but as I said, I'm keeping my eyes peeled.
leggy is offline   Reply With Quote