Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Engine » Idle Stabiliser.

Old 15-08-17, 09:51 PM   #1
SwallownAmazon
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Question Idle Stabiliser.

My 90 20v with the 7A engine has a sticky Hitachi manufactured ISV and replacements are rarer than hens' teeth / horrendously expensive. Don't think new ones are available and a second-hand one may be worse than the one I have now. Has anyone fitted the Bosch version with the same part number apart from the B suffix or are they completely incompatible?
SwallownAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 06:31 PM   #2
mikes2
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

It would require a fair bit of replumbing to fit something which may or may not be compatible. I'd suggest it likely will not be compatible. Hitachi ecu matches with hitachi components. When they went to Bosch, the components became more generic

I'd be more inclined to suggest a 2nd hand item - there's several available assuming you're not willing to spend the 478 euros for a new one
Old 16-08-17, 07:18 PM   #3
SwallownAmazon
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes2 View Post
I'd suggest it likely will not be compatible. Hitachi ecu matches with hitachi components. When they went to Bosch, the components became more generic

I'd be more inclined to suggest a 2nd hand item - there's several available assuming you're not willing to spend the 478 euros for a new one
That's was I had thought. Some years ago when the memsahib was still driving it as her daily driver, I did get a second hand ISV from Audibits in Lockerbie which is still on the car now. I took the old duff one to bits and cleaned the needle affair and put it back together but it has now disappeared into the depths of my man-cave.
Looks like I may have to bite the bullet.
Thanks,
Chris.
SwallownAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote