Classic Audi Community General Chat » A decision to make.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-20, 06:04 PM   #11
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
sinbin5t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where a spike points skywards
Posts: 12,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post
Do the TT first, will be an easier job to tackle and think about the coupe later. Is the coupe the one with the loud body kit?

Hi Mark

Yep the coupe with the body kit, it draws a lot of attention, not the "WHAT THE FOOK IS THAT KIND" but the "DO YOU WANT TO SELL IT KIND"

sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 06:06 PM   #12
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
sinbin5t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where a spike points skywards
Posts: 12,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids View Post
Keep both, get a cover for the coupe, do the TT, finish one

Hi David

Do you want a bit of work ? I know it would be right then

sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 08:19 PM   #13
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
vorsprung durch technik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Near Watford.
Posts: 7,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbin5t View Post
Hi Mark

Yep the coupe with the body kit, it draws a lot of attention, not the "WHAT THE FOOK IS THAT KIND" but the "DO YOU WANT TO SELL IT KIND"

Ok then, if thats the case it's worth doing then - go for it.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 08:55 PM   #14
Davids
4 ring whore!
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbin5t View Post
Hi David

Do you want a bit of work ? I know it would be right then

I would love to, I have been looking at premises, needless to say down our way the cost is just horrendous.

The Memmsaab has put a stop to any more being purchased here till the one in the garage is done and sold.

May have to sell my Coupe if I have to get a different vehicle for work as well.
Davids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 09:13 PM   #15
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
sinbin5t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where a spike points skywards
Posts: 12,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids View Post
I would love to, I have been looking at premises, needless to say down our way the cost is just horrendous.

The Memmsaab has put a stop to any more being purchased here till the one in the garage is done and sold.

May have to sell my Coupe if I have to get a different vehicle for work as well.

Sell the coupe ?

Is it a new job you have mate or am i getting muddled up........again.

So, maybe a chance next year for the TT ?
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 09:18 PM   #16
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
sinbin5t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where a spike points skywards
Posts: 12,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post
Ok then, if thats the case it's worth doing then - go for it.

It is worth doing Mark, but the hard bit for me would be parting with the TT, there has to be a solution somewhere seeing as the response so far is keep both.

It will be back to four cars again
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 09:36 PM   #17
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
vorsprung durch technik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Near Watford.
Posts: 7,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbin5t View Post
It is worth doing Mark, but the hard bit for me would be parting with the TT, there has to be a solution somewhere seeing as the response so far is keep both.

It will be back to four cars again
I remember the coupe, remember when it was up for sale and it's price before you got it. Well you know me, i like originality or oem++ a nice set of wheels, but appreciate some love period mods.

If it was me i'd keep the TT because it's top of the range and a bit special. But that's just me. Maybe somebody might want the 80 Coupe of you?
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 09:39 PM   #18
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
vorsprung durch technik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Near Watford.
Posts: 7,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbin5t View Post
Sell the coupe ?
I know, i've tried to get him to keep it. I'd hate to see it go and miss seeing that superb paint job he'd have done on it.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 09:50 PM   #19
Davids
4 ring whore!
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbin5t View Post
Sell the coupe ?

Is it a new job you have mate or am i getting muddled up........again.

So, maybe a chance next year for the TT ?
No new job as yet but I have been doing building works, etc and I find humping bags of cement, sand and timber in the Coupe isnt doing it any good really, so an estate might be on the cards. Although Mark has talked me out of it at the moment

Last edited by Davids; 06-10-20 at 09:53 PM.
Davids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 09:52 PM   #20
Davids
4 ring whore!
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post
I know, i've tried to get him to keep it. I'd hate to see it go and miss seeing that superb paint job he'd have done on it.
Yep, still want to paint it properly, just got to finish the V8 first.
Drove to Grays in Essex last Friday and it didn't miss a beat, 100 mile each way, to get a new front end for my daughters Sirocco .

Don't want it to go, have to see .

Like you I would love to keep them all, lack of parking is my problem.
Davids is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007-2008 Classic Audi | Site by Roadrunna