Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Insurance (again)

Old 28-07-15, 05:09 PM   #1
cjp0349
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Insurance (again)

I know this subject has been covered many times but I'd just like to share the following with you.
I've just received my renewal notice from the current insurer of my daily driven B4 and they might just as well have written the letter as follows

Dear Mr 'Hopefully Gullible'
As your measly premium isn't worth us bothering with we don't really care if you renew and just to prove it here's a quote in which we will offer you worse cover than last year at an increased cost. You will notice that your excess has increased from £0 voluntary and £100 compulsory to £100 voluntary and £200 compulsory, yes we will decide what your 'voluntary' excess is not you.
Although you paid your premium in full on purchase last year this year, to squeeze an extra few quid out of you, you can't and have decided that you will pay in instalments at 57.15% APR.
Ring us on our 7p per minute, plus your phone companies access charge, number to renew.
Get stuffed
P. Take Insurance

Now I'm one of those people that will shop around and change insurers every year and have done so for the past umpteen years so it's exactly what I've been expecting. In fact I can remember only once staying with the same insurer for two years before the inevitable happened.

Car insurance, it's a joke, just how are they getting away with it?
1973 (M) 80L 1.3 2-dr white
1979 (T) 80SE 1.6 met.bue
1983 (Y) 80CL 1.6 met.blue
cjp0349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-15, 05:52 PM   #2
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjp0349 View Post
When you effectively self regulate, with next to no government oversight, you can pretty much get away with anything you want, so long as the paperwork is right.
If you think thats bad, consider how exposed you are with a warranty on a newbuild house, and you'll realise that there is no such thing as 'safe'
Old 28-07-15, 06:33 PM   #3
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

yep it sucks.it's basically legalised robbery. Let's put his insurance up and hope he doesn't notice. And boys while we are at it lets take an extra instalment he won't notice,he's way to busy to check and if he does we'll just say it's a system error.

Best bit you can do is tell em Feels good!
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-15, 09:22 PM   #4
cjp0349
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post
And boys while we are at it lets take an extra instalment he won't notice,he's way to busy to check and if he does we'll just say it's a system error.

Best bit you can do is tell em Feels good!
Yes it happened to me many moons ago and I was told it was my fault for not cancelling the direct debit with my bank (lesson learnt there)
After several ridiculous minutes of backwards and forwards the matter was finally resolved and I ended the phone call like this
Self 'Anyway X don't forget to call me a w#nker!'
X 'Pardon'
Self 'You know, when you put the phone down and say w#nker! Because that's exactly what I'll be doing!!'

And it felt real good

I'm well 'ard me
1973 (M) 80L 1.3 2-dr white
1979 (T) 80SE 1.6 met.bue
1983 (Y) 80CL 1.6 met.blue

Last edited by cjp0349; 28-07-15 at 09:24 PM.
cjp0349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-15, 10:30 PM   #5
Chris Chambers
Grown up member

Quote:
I know this subject has been covered many times but I'd just like to share the following with you.
I've just received my renewal notice from the current insurer of my daily driven B4 and they might just as well have written the letter as follows

As your measly premium isn't worth us bothering with we don't really care if you renew and just to prove it here's a quote in which we will offer you worse cover than last year at an increased cost. You will notice that your excess has increased from £0 voluntary and £100 compulsory to £100 voluntary and £200 compulsory, yes we will decide what your 'voluntary' excess is not you.
Although you paid your premium in full on purchase last year this year, to squeeze an extra few quid out of you, you can't and have decided that you will pay in instalments at 57.15% APR.
Ring us on our 7p per minute, plus your phone companies access charge, number to renew.
Get stuffed
P. Take Insurance

Now I'm one of those people that will shop around and change insurers every year and have done so for the past umpteen years so it's exactly what I've been expecting. In fact I can remember only once staying with the same insurer for two years before the inevitable happened.

Howling at this letter summary !! I am 20 and insurance is one big piss take !
Chris Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-15, 11:06 PM   #6
joe90
Grown up member

Give Peter James a try, I find them very good.

Bryan
joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-15, 11:09 AM   #7
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:

Get stuffed
P. Take Insurance

sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-15, 11:11 AM   #8
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Yes it happened to me many moons ago and I was told it was my fault for not cancelling the direct debit with my bank (lesson learnt there)
After several ridiculous minutes of backwards and forwards the matter was finally resolved and I ended the phone call like this
Self 'Anyway X don't forget to call me a w#nker!'
X 'Pardon'
Self 'You know, when you put the phone down and say w#nker! Because that's exactly what I'll be doing!!'

And it felt real good

I'm well 'ard me

Now pissed myself twice laughing
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-15, 12:26 PM   #9
paulm
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Location: on the outskirts of nowhere on the ring road to somewhere

You forgot the last line

" Relax, you dont need to do anything because we are going to take your money anyway, even if you dont want us to"
paulm is offline   Reply With Quote