Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Engine » Fuel accumulator

Old 16-08-17, 12:09 PM   #21
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rkp View Post
There is a diaphragm inside the WUR which can tear - I suppose the needle float could stick especially if the system has been left devoid of fuel for some time.........The only real issue I have had is it going out of tolerance.....and that was due to me being a muppet!! - I was changing the hydraulic accumulator on my quattro and accidentally hit the top of the WUR where the two pipes connect.....this put it way out of spec, the bit where the pipes connect to is an interference fit and its position obviously affects the travel of the needle float as I mentioned in my earlier post.

Have a look at these people - I have used them before.

http://www.kmipetrolinjection.co.uk/

Mark

Thanks for the reply Mark, i know of Kmi, they did a fuel distributour for me a few years ago but it went faulty again , probably down to me

sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-17, 12:49 AM   #22
Gaz

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rkp View Post
There is a diaphragm inside the WUR which can tear - I suppose the needle float could stick especially if the system has been left devoid of fuel for some time.........The only real issue I have had is it going out of tolerance.....and that was due to me being a muppet!! - I was changing the hydraulic accumulator on my quattro and accidentally hit the top of the WUR where the two pipes connect.....this put it way out of spec, the bit where the pipes connect to is an interference fit and its position obviously affects the travel of the needle float as I mentioned in my earlier post.

Have a look at these people - I have used them before.

http://www.kmipetrolinjection.co.uk/

Mark
If the WUR was faulty or adjusted out of spec, would / could it cause the car to run rich and smell petroly from the exhaust on tick over?

People often comment on how rich the exhaust smells, could the WUR be at fault? Or is rich tick over to be expected from a K-jet car? Due to the nature of its continuous fuel injection system? (ie not pulsed)

Sorry for the thread hijack btw.
Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-17, 01:55 PM   #23
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
If the WUR was faulty or adjusted out of spec, would / could it cause the car to run rich and smell petroly from the exhaust on tick over?

People often comment on how rich the exhaust smells, could the WUR be at fault? Or is rich tick over to be expected from a K-jet car? Due to the nature of its continuous fuel injection system? (ie not pulsed)

Sorry for the thread hijack btw.

No, rich tick over is not normal for K jet, the WUR can be the cause of overfueling just as a stuck pin in the fuel metering head (fuel distributor) can.

Hijack away, no problem at all
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote