Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Parts Wanted » old rusty reflectors for type 85

Old 13-09-14, 10:19 PM   #21
ianaudia4
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Helped fit the refurbed reflectors that Rob supplied yesterday, absolutely no issues and reasonably priced and as stated he is helping fellow enthusiasts keep their cars on the road so why shouldn't he make something for his time and efforts?
ianaudia4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-14, 11:16 PM   #22
SE_30
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

I've also bought items from Rob in the past and if required, would do so in the future.

If you look at the negative posts in this thread towards Rob, there appears to be more than meets the eye. You can sense a bit of aggression in the back ground. I'm not sticking up for Rob, nor taking sides defending and I don't know him from adam.

He's simply buying parts that are becoming more sought after day by day, spending time and money on refurbing, then selling on again. Where's the negative in that service. If you've got old parts sitting in your garden shed or garage for + amount of years. And have no intention to do anything with them due to certain circumstances, then why not sell them on and put some money in your pocket.

I think that quite a number of folk are happy with what he is doing and are pleased that he is doing it. He’s providing a service/ business that are keeping forum members cars on the road!

One man’s rubbish is another man’s treasure..

SE_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-14, 12:06 AM   #23
quattrob81
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Wow, I didn't know that simple question about old reflectors would
make such a huge discussion,
As most of you know Yes I sell parts on ebay and directly whoever contact me
with his needs, I also restore Audis, rebuild , refurbish and arrange short productions of parts, basically I do all sort of stuff to keep them on the road.
I really try my best to make fellow enthusiasts happy but
as I can clearly see not everyone was satisfy dealing with me for which I apologize, however
I don't fully understand why not so happy customer didn't bother to solve the problem and simply email me ? in worst case he would have received full refund and my sincerely apology,
I know I can't pleased everyone but I'm trying very hard, we are only humans with different expectation so I believe that proper communication makes life easier and can solve
a lot problems.

Now come back to the subject of headlight reflectors.
Yes I would like to buy old ones to send them abroad for a fully refurbishment , unfortunately company who do them for me wont accept less then 30 pieces. I was trying to get some done in UK but been quoted £85 +vat for each and from 5 -
to 7 weeks of waiting time, too long and too expensive and still who knows what quality
they provide ? guys who do mine are top pro and reflectors always are done to very high standard !
I have a pair on my everyday car for 7 years now and they look the same as on the day they were fitted.
so if anyone have any old reflectors that would like to sell please let me know.

I would like to Thank you all that had better experience dealing with me for their support !

Thank you

Rob
quattrob81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-14, 06:06 AM   #24
moonwatcher
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrob81 View Post
Wow, I didn't know that simple question about old reflectors would
make such a huge discussion,
As most of you know Yes I sell parts on ebay and directly whoever contact me
with his needs, I also restore Audis, rebuild , refurbish and arrange short productions of parts, basically I do all sort of stuff to keep them on the road.
I really try my best to make fellow enthusiasts happy but
as I can clearly see not everyone was satisfy dealing with me for which I apologize, however
I don't fully understand why not so happy customer didn't bother to solve the problem and simply email me ? in worst case he would have received full refund and my sincerely apology,
I know I can't pleased everyone but I'm trying very hard, we are only humans with different expectation so I believe that proper communication makes life easier and can solve a lot problems.

Now come back to the subject of headlight reflectors.
Yes I would like to buy old ones to send them abroad for a fully refurbishment , unfortunately company who do them for me wont accept less then 30 pieces. I was trying to get some done in UK but been quoted £85 +vat for each and from 5 -
to 7 weeks of waiting time, too long and too expensive and still who knows what quality
they provide ? guys who do mine are top pro and reflectors always are done to very high standard !
I have a pair on my everyday car for 7 years now and they look the same as on the day they were fitted.
so if anyone have any old reflectors that would like to sell please let me know.

I would like to Thank you all that had better experience dealing with me for their support !

Thank you

Rob
In your opening post [I'm looking for old/ rusty reflectors from audi coupe/90 type 85 Please let me know if you have any kicking around. Cheers"]
there is no mention about buying and that is why I asked the question.

I don't know you and had no idea why you wanted them, simple question, simple answer.
As you state above [proper communication makes life easier and can solve a lot problems.]

Last edited by moonwatcher; 17-09-14 at 06:09 AM.
moonwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-14, 11:25 AM   #25
SE_30
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
where are you based, why do you want them?
Quote:
In your opening post [I'm looking for old/ rusty reflectors from audi coupe/90 type 85 Please let me know if you have any kicking around. Cheers"]

I don't know you and had no idea why you wanted them, simple question, simple answer.
As you state above [proper communication makes life easier and can solve a lot problems.]
Does he really have to reply to your question to be fair.

Not as if you've used any politeness in either of your posts.

Manors and being polite don't cost anything so I'd not hold out on a reply from Rob.

SE_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-14, 09:00 PM   #26
quattrob81
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:

You are right I'm sorry I should have been more specific but for
some reason it was obvious for me that I want to buy them,
Next time to avoid misunderstanding will state it more clearly !
quattrob81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-14, 09:27 PM   #27
john johnson
Moderator of sausages
Classic Audi Club Member

Back on topic , the reflectors are excellent
And if you are reading this as James may would say ' you're a cock '
john johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-14, 05:59 AM   #28
moonwatcher
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrob81 View Post
You are right I'm sorry I should have been more specific but for
some reason it was obvious for me that I want to buy them,
Next time to avoid misunderstanding will state it more clearly !
Thanks for the reply Rob, I have a couple on the shelf, been there for four years, ones yellowing, other is fine, I asked where are you as I thought I could drop them off somewhere in passing, regards Tony