Classic Audi » Audi Sport / Competition » Audi sport & history » Rally Audi R26 Missing History

Old 01-02-12, 03:01 AM   #11
tcorey
Newbie!

I'm not worried about what the history was just would be nice to fill in the missing years. Not sure why DS couldn't help out at the time, although I must say he was pretty busy with his Group N WRC efforts. This was also about the time many cars from the museum were being sold off. DS may not have wanted the private owners of his former cars to know the history. They may have been more successful than what was being offered for sale.

Who knows if the cars retained the same rego plate during the time at DSM. I know many parts that were Matter stamped were swapped from car to car. R22 for instance had R26's roll cage.

AVE - after the cars were sold off by Audi Sport they lost the ability to continue maintaining a log of what the cars did with the new owners. I must say Audi Sport and Tradition where most accommodating each time I visited Ingolstadt.

How do I contact Phil Short?

Todd
tcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 11:59 PM   #12
l7apk
Grown up member

Phil Short lives over in Harrogate, and is good to chat to about motorsport history.
Buy his hillclimb book and you will be able to contact him and he will autograph the book as well.
l7apk is offline   Reply With Quote