Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars Wanted » UR Quattro

Old 31-01-18, 12:23 PM   #11
Benjamino
Grown up member

This is quite an interesting opinion on prices on classic cars...

https://www.hagertyinsurance.co.uk/ - Launch the Valuation Tool
Benjamino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-18, 06:38 PM   #12
KB_Yorks
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebishop View Post
What do ye make of the white ur Quattro on car and classic website for £19995 I think motorhub are the garage. Any one know this car etc or wh6at's your opinion.!!!!
Motorhub is located near where I am from in Keighley, West Yorkshire. They use an old multistory car thats full of lamboginis and all sorts of super cars that they are selling. If you google them you will see they have a shocking reputation to the point you would be put off from going anywhere near them - I think they rebranded a few years ago and become motorhub.

I think that UR has been for sale there for quite some time - although that could be down to Motorhub repuation putting people off rather than the UR itself.
KB_Yorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-18, 06:57 PM   #13
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

That car was discussed on this forum some time back. The missing stripes and rad cover are still showing as missing.

£20k, and immediately it needs 2 fairly simple components to fix obvious issues. What else is not obvious? Who knows?

There's no guarantee that the car has major issues based solely on those two observations, but given the market rate in the last year or so, and comparing that to the likely purchase price (which I'd be surprised if it was close, let alone more than 75% of the current ticket) means that simple problems go unresolved for less than 10% of the minimum markup.
It doesn't inspire confidence.

There have been a few cars for sale over the recent years where the seller has monitored discussions on cars, and then made comments alluding to the precious nature of owners' clubs.

They are 2nd hand dealers, and should be viewed in a somewhat less favourable light than Arthur Daley.

The old caveats including 'buyer beware' aside- any car being purchased with a view to owning and enjoying it will need a damned good looking at, up close.
Old 01-02-18, 11:35 AM   #14
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB_Yorks View Post
Motorhub is located near where I am from in Keighley, West Yorkshire. They use an old multistory car thats full of lamboginis and all sorts of super cars that they are selling. If you google them you will see they have a shocking reputation to the point you would be put off from going anywhere near them - I think they rebranded a few years ago and become motorhub.

I think that UR has been for sale there for quite some time - although that could be down to Motorhub repuation putting people off rather than the UR itself.
I agree Motorhub have a very poor reputation, they relocated a few years ago from another site near the main roundabout just as you come off the A650 into Keighley I called in there a few times for a looksee and most of the stuff on offer was tired and looked to be accident repaired 2nd rate stuff you would want to avoid. Staffed by asians so assume owned by same.
quattrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-18, 06:30 PM   #15
Steve
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamino View Post
This is quite an interesting opinion on prices on classic cars...

https://www.hagertyinsurance.co.uk/ - Launch the Valuation Tool
Hmmmm, quite interesting that.

I have a friend who will be putting his MB up for sale shortly. It's black with full grey leather and was restored a few years back when he was working with Phil Payne. I think it has done around 120K miles. He simply does not use it.

The owner is an expert on UR's and use to travel the country repairing them.

He will be expecting £20K+ for this well sorted car.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 10:58 AM   #16
AdrianH
Grown up member

Is that RG?
AdrianH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 12:25 PM   #17
Steve
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
Is that RG?