Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » 90 20v

Old 03-08-17, 09:50 PM   #21
David Small
David Small - Mr 80k
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenquattro View Post
DIY - Non electric.
An absolute travesty seeing a 90 with them. It used to boil my piss when I got in my white 90q 20V, and was confronted with a particularly offensive blanking plate where my previous 90 2.2E had switches for the rear windows.

I agree wholeheartedly with what you have said Ken, the original 2.2E's were nicely equipped(the 2.0E less so) but also very expensive when new compared to the competition. Lewis's newly purchased 2.2E on an F plate is very nicely equipped. I guess Audi downgraded the spec in an attempt to be more competative price wise in the market place.

Personally I like both the low mileage examples for sale at the moment. Banging a set of alloys on the white one would be a massive improvement (says me with my wheel trimmed C4) I'd go for the silver 20V myself, I know the 20V Sport is the one to have, but I've always been a sucker for the chrome trim on the 90
David Small is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 11:12 PM   #22
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

My August 1991 Audi 90 20v quattro came with the non sports seats, plastic steering wheel, 15 inch aeros, plastic gear lever gaiter, no aux gauges but had electric windows all round !

Needless to say I quickly (much easier in 1998) changed the seats/steering wheel/gaiter to the higher spec, fitted some speedlines I refurbed myself and added gauges a few years later, much nicer afterwards.
quattrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 11:21 PM   #23
Kenquattro
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrodave View Post
My August 1991 Audi 90 20v quattro came with the non sports seats, plastic steering wheel, 15 inch aeros, plastic gear lever gaiter, no aux gauges but had electric windows all round !

Needless to say I quickly (much easier in 1998) changed the seats/steering wheel/gaiter to the higher spec, fitted some speedlines I refurbed myself and added gauges a few years later, much nicer afterwards.
Kenquattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 10:47 AM   #24
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenquattro View Post
Forgot to mention also fitted electric sunroof motor mechanism ! Oh and the headlining is still OK on my car not dropped yet (it has on the 1990 S2 and the 1995 2.8 coupe quattro I also own) most peculiar, however the door panel material is falling off now.
Old 07-08-17, 06:55 AM   #25
kully
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Send a message via MSN to kully

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrodave View Post
Forgot to mention also fitted electric sunroof motor mechanism ! Oh and the headlining is still OK on my car not dropped yet (it has on the 1990 S2 and the 1995 2.8 coupe quattro I also own) most peculiar, however the door panel material is falling off now.
What was involved fitting the electric sunroof mechanism? My 90 has the manual winder
kully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 09:44 PM   #26
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

You need the motor, loom and replacement plastic cover with switch off a B3 saloon fitted with an electric roof, the parts just replace the manual winder and cover, somewhat easier to find 15 years ago, I can't remember if the coupe parts fit, the motor and loom definitely will but not sure if the coupe replacement cover is the same size, B4 parts will be the same as coupe probably, check etka for part numbers to be sure.
Old 10-08-17, 09:10 PM   #27
quantumowner
1991 90 20V
Classic Audi Club Member

Default 90 20v

I'm the new owner of this silver 90 20V. Yes it has a plastic steering wheel but I have a leather one 'in stock'. It does however have the 5 branch manifold which I'd much rather have. I went to look at it and it's virtually mint, one owner and 65K miles. These don't come up very often......

I've had 4 other 90 20Vs - my last one was a white 20V sport which I bought from querty on here, part exing my red 20V. I also had a 90 20V quattro with low mileage.

I'm picking it up on Saturday - will give an update once I've had a good drive home!

quantumowner
quantumowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 09:22 PM   #28
David Small
David Small - Mr 80k
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumowner View Post
I'm the new owner of this silver 90 20V. Yes it has a plastic steering wheel but I have a leather one 'in stock'. It does however have the 5 branch manifold which I'd much rather have. I went to look at it and it's virtually mint, one owner and 65K miles. These don't come up very often......

I've had 4 other 90 20Vs - my last one was a white 20V sport which I bought from querty on here, part exing my red 20V. I also had a 90 20V quattro with low mileage.

I'm picking it up on Saturday - will give an update once I've had a good drive home!

quantumowner

Fantastic news and excellent purchase - you've been a member a long time but never posted a lot, would be great if you could start a readers ride thread on this beauty
David Small is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 09:22 PM   #29
slacky
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumowner View Post

quantumowner

90q-Cab.
2.3E-Ur-S6
-b2-80 Sport
Member 111
slacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 11:01 PM   #30
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Congratulations, it looks a lovely car.
Keep us all posted!