Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Electrical problems » Dot matrix thingy in the dash.. (b4 coupe)

Old 30-03-09, 12:47 PM   #1
Johnny_E
Grown up member

Default Dot matrix thingy in the dash.. (b4 coupe)

Its black!

I mean... its just a cluster of dots and doesnt light up. Now thats not right is it? I recall these saying "OK" or something similar when I drove one 10+ years ago....

So, what does it do (ie. will I miss critical engine warnings) and please tell me theres a fuse for it! (not likely I know)

I'll probably have the dash out soon to rid myself of the airbag - so its probably best dealt with now.

My niggle list aint that long thankfully.... but I got a great drive in the car yesterday around the roundabouts of Craigavon (6 or so miles of smooth dual carriage way split every mile or so with BIG fast roundabouts that go nowhere - dont ask!). Its addictive. Very addictive.

Thought I'd miss the motorbikes... hell no! Mind you, the hooligan in me is starting to think that the s/s system on the car could do with a box less. Its nice on the throttle, but given my last car was a 3.9 V8 through a twin s/s system with 1 box only each side, I'm missing the growl.

Johnny
Johnny_E is offline   Reply With Quote