Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Talking of any Triumph fans

Old 15-12-15, 09:02 PM   #1
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Talking of any Triumph fans

Talking of any Triumph fans. What with all these silly prices lately on cars for sale in general i have been thinking. Triumphs are starting to look very tempting again. I used to own this beauty not this very car just a different colour when i was 22 so quite a long time ago now.I loved the car to bits. For me this car has a lot of presence about it and worth the sort of money being asked.Good ones of these are a sound to behold with that 2.0 straight six lump and very seventies sports car interior and smell. Oh and one other important fact parts prices are dirt cheap and in plentiful supply, whats not to like!

Take a look, a lovely car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-Trium...8AAOSwbdpWZvDV

Just noticed there is also a red Mk1 60's car on eBay with a stupid price.Can't believe it.I'm now convinced these dealers just make up their prices.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-15, 09:00 AM   #2
Emjay
Man Fettler Extraodinaire
Classic Audi Club Member

Thats a good price for a GT6. I've seen good ones fetching between 8 and 14K for the last four years or so. I wouldnt see them as an investment though, prices seem pretty stable and with any car your investment is usually erroded away by running costs. That is unless you buy a low miler and never use the thing but where's the fun in that?

Parts are plentiful but quality isnt always up there. When I had my Dolly Sprint a couple of years ago I must have spent a few thousand with Rimmer Brothers. It also reminded me just how far we have come in terms of handling, perfromance and comfort. It was agricultural. I doubt I will ever have a classic British car again based on that experience.
Emjay is offline   Reply With Quote