Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Suspension & Brakes » Type 44 self levelling valve

Old 07-08-12, 08:55 AM   #71
TeXerv
Grown up member

Any results?
TeXerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-12, 01:56 PM   #72
Ringmaster
Classic Audi Club Member

Sorry, I've not had time to do anything. My father passed away a few weeks ago and you can imagine how that has derailed things.

Yesterday I noticed a puddle of hydraulic oil, so I suspect my SL valve may be leaking again, so I will have to do something soon.
Ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 05:06 PM   #73
Zachry
Newbie!

Default Similar problem here

I feel with you with all the problems with this system.
I just bought a 90/91 Audi 100 Quattro avant that used to have self leveling. The self leveling shocks have been removed and the outlets on the accumulators have been blinded off.
Now i went to the MOT and got stopped due to rusty brake lines.
I am fearing to even touch this spidersnest of rust and dirt in the same area. Everything is working now, but something is doomed to fail when trying to remove the old brake lines.

I just wanted to post this:
http://homepage.internet.lu/customau..._v8.htm#BRAKES

I bought a accumulator (bomb) from this guy for a Audi 200 i used to have. It says to enquire about accumulators for self leveling cars. Could be worth sending him an email
Zachry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 11:49 AM   #74
Ringmaster
Classic Audi Club Member

Hello Zachry,

From your post it sounds like you have kept your original springs.

I have decided do away with all the hrdraulics as I am sure I would continue to face problems with it. My mechanic knows how to adapt the current hydraulic set up so that I can still use the current brake pressure regulator and bypass my leaky SLS valve. Or, if I want, he can fit a standard brake pressure regulator. The man's a genius!

It is also quite interesting listening to him describe how parts from other manufacturers can often be adapted for use on my car. The technical ins and outs often baffle me. Resorting to custom kits can be quite useful when standard parts are not there.

My advice to you is not to give up. Those brake pipes may be daunting, but they can be overcome.

Ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 12:15 PM   #75
TeXerv
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringmaster View Post
Hello Zachry,

My mechanic knows how to adapt the current hydraulic set up so that I can still use the current brake pressure regulator and bypass my leaky SLS valve.
That's impossible. The current brake pressure regulator will not work without the input from the SLS-valve. Do yourself a favour and replace the current BPR with a standard one
and lock the SL circuit at the brake pressure reservoir as you replace all SL components.
TeXerv is offline   Reply With Quote