Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » Gene Hunts Actual quattro For Sale

Old 10-02-14, 09:09 AM   #21
geneandbolly
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawwas View Post
sorry for the highjacking but i dont seem to be aloud to post a sale adevert!?
that's because you've hardly ever posted on this forum! however, this can be rectified with a few quid in coxy's direction that pays for a lifetime membership and allows you to put up as many adverts as you like . . .

Old 10-02-14, 09:15 AM   #22
martinjs
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

This one got damaged in a stunt, basically the body was twisted, kink in the roof etc, loads of info about it on quattroforum from the bloke who worked for the production company who looked after both cars.
Old 10-02-14, 09:25 AM   #23
martinjs
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

APH is still at the BBC, this one is HWX

"It was HWX that got the treatment in tonights episode, but it was pretty much a write off before that point. It had always been their intent to kill off the Quattro in the last ep, it was even discussed as early as the start of the filming of series 2. The plan was always to buy a dog of a car or rolling shell and either crash it, blow it up, roll it, or whatever the writers decided.

However the first ep - series 3 the director wanted that jump, he was a real hard nosed bloke who’s used to getting what he wanted and despite everyone pointing out that it would probably kill the car he wouldn’t back down. He had a vision of a massive chase scene with the Capri while the Sex Pistols Anarchy in the UK blared out as the soundtrack. On the recce I was asked how high we could jump without writing it off. My best guess was an 18 inch kicker ramp at about 25mph and it should survive, anything more and they risk losing a £5k asset. However on the actual shoot day everyone looked at the set and said it wouldn’t look impressive enough so the ramp was raised to about 40 inches and the speed was decided at 45mph. As the ramp was at the top of the slope I figured the car would probably hit the ground from 6ft up and I told them that they would almost certainly render the car useless, but the director wanted the big jump and the Kudos head honchos gave in. I managed to cobble on a sump guard and fitted some bump stops while they were building the ramp but I kind of knew I was pi$$ing in the wind.
Despite the stunt riggers putting 200lb in the boot it still landed hard on its nose and to cap it all the cameras (all 4 of em) were positioned wrongly and missed the main flight of the car. The director wanted to go again but my main problem was that the oil cooler had a half brick lodged in it and I didn’t have time to swap the one off APH. But the car was seriously twisted, it had kinks at the top of the B posts and as a result the roof had buckled either side of the the sunroof. The OS chasis leg was about an inch higher than the NS and the OS suspension turret had torn away from the inner wing.

So the future of HWX was decided, they’d use it for interior shots and as a parts doner for APH and come the finale that would be the car that takes the final bow. If you look at the photo of the shot up car that was in the press you can see that the OSF wheel is too far back and has a serious amount of camber."
Old 10-02-14, 10:54 AM   #24
b2_sport
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

who in their right minds would spend that amount of money on that dog
b2_sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 11:08 AM   #25
Tun
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Interesting, I thought it was widely accepted that the car was Mars Red and not as the advert states BMW Henna Red.
Old 10-02-14, 11:17 AM   #26
geneandbolly
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

probably just the colour that was available in B&Q at the time!!

Old 10-02-14, 12:15 PM   #27
john johnson
Moderator of sausages
Classic Audi Club Member

As mentioned it's had a hard life and basically a Burton's dummy
And if you are reading this as James may would say ' you're a cock '
john johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 03:52 PM   #28
Kenquattro
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isimmo View Post
I would respectfully suggest that Phil would need sedation before investing in any such thing....
Trust me, that will not have him sat at his laptop bidding with semi-on and sweating profusely.
Kenquattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-14, 09:59 AM   #29
Isabel
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenquattro View Post
Trust me, that will not have him sat at his laptop bidding with semi-on and sweating profusely.
Excuse me Ken....
Isabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-14, 08:26 PM   #30
Steve90q
Classic Audi Club Member

Ive got a couple of pics of JLY751V recently from the BBC if anyone can post them for me (PM me your mobile and i will send them over to you.)

It was on different alloys at the time aswell?
Steve90q is offline   Reply With Quote