Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Where do you get your bits?!

Old 14-01-19, 10:02 PM   #1
theschmallfella
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Where do you get your bits?!

Hey gang,

I'm changing the shocks on the old bus and I need to get the bump stops, top mounts etc. So, as per the title, where's your go to place for your bits? Online or shop? Also, does anyone know if it's possible to get anti roll bar inner bushes for the 200, standard Audi 100 anti roll bars are 21mm, while the 200 is 26mm, and for the life of me I haven't found anyone doing the larger one. Any help would be appreciated so thanks in advance.
theschmallfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-19, 08:07 AM   #2
V6Rob
Grown up member

Morning l go to online car parts, they are a German based site and you can choose the supplier, eg Bosch, FAG etc so you can get German made stuff rather than the rubbish from carparts4less. You do have to pay for postage though and they will take a week to get to you but they have a much wider range of part then other online sites.
V6Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-19, 09:53 AM   #3
Colin Aitchison
Classic Audi Club Member

First thing first find the part number for the part using a parts site like http://www.oemepc.com or https://7zap.com/en/catalog/cars/ when you have the part number use Ebay, Amazon, www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/ or any search engine on the internet to find the part your are looking for, some sites you will find hard to navigate but that is just the norm, try and use brand names you know, some rubber parts will not last as long as the part you fitted the last time due to being produced sometimes 20 year ago and have been on a shelf but this is the way it is, some parts are getting hard to find but again this is the way it is, if you can't find a part number look on the part in question, the original parts or good for having the number on them, if all else fails ask on the forum your will always find help here.
Colin Aitchison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-19, 07:18 PM   #4
moonwatcher
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theschmallfella View Post
Hey gang,

I'm changing the shocks on the old bus and I need to get the bump stops, top mounts etc. So, as per the title, where's your go to place for your bits? Online or shop? Also, does anyone know if it's possible to get anti roll bar inner bushes for the 200, standard Audi 100 anti roll bars are 21mm, while the 200 is 26mm, and for the life of me I haven't found anyone doing the larger one. Any help would be appreciated so thanks in advance.
Have you tried http://www.quattrocorner.com
I have had quite a few bits from Pete
Old 17-01-19, 12:21 PM   #5
theschmallfella
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Thanks guys, I'll be looking to buy the stuff I need over the weekend so that gives me plenty to go on. Cheers for the help, it's much appreciated.
theschmallfella is offline   Reply With Quote