Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Bodywork, glass & exterior fitments » Audi 100 CC Avant

Old 11-12-13, 07:19 PM   #1
Chris Chambers
Grown up member

Default Audi 100 CC Avant

Hello, I have a 87 Audi 100 CC avant, the problem is the top half of the heated window is not working, also this is where the radio receiver is,either of which aren't working, however the lower half is. any advice on this matter would help no end. I have checked through the manual for things to be related and I have not yet checked the amplifier unit nor have I checked the fuses, but to my thinking, I thought if it was an issue with fuses surely the whole window would not work. also when i run my finger down the wino the raised heated element parts there seems to be what look like spaces ?

Many Thanks Chris
Chris Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-14, 09:51 PM   #2
nickwoodz
Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Chambers View Post
Hello, I have a 87 Audi 100 CC avant, the problem is the top half of the heated window is not working, also this is where the radio receiver is,either of which aren't working, however the lower half is. any advice on this matter would help no end. I have checked through the manual for things to be related and I have not yet checked the amplifier unit nor have I checked the fuses, but to my thinking, I thought if it was an issue with fuses surely the whole window would not work. also when i run my finger down the wino the raised heated element parts there seems to be what look like spaces ?

Many Thanks Chris
There used to be a product for repairing the wiring of heated rear windows where there were breaks in the wire.
Basically, it was a tube of presumably a mixture of glue and some sort of metallic conductor. You just ran a small bead between the breaks which completed the circuit.
Don't know whether it still exists, but someone , somewhere, will have some!
nickwoodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-14, 10:40 PM   #3
Hoyle
80q addict
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwoodz View Post
There used to be a product for repairing the wiring of heated rear windows where there were breaks in the wire.
Basically, it was a tube of presumably a mixture of glue and some sort of metallic conductor. You just ran a small bead between the breaks which completed the circuit.
Don't know whether it still exists, but someone , somewhere, will have some!
Halfords still sell this

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_255229

My 80 Quattro thread
Hoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-14, 11:58 PM   #4
missfire
making wooden things
Classic Audi Club Member

Oh nice one! Hard to see out of mine. I think three bars work.
missfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-14, 12:37 AM   #5
Sabre75
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missfire View Post
Oh nice one! Hard to see out of mine. I think three bars work.
I just took the rear bumper off and fitted a chunky tow-bar; saves me having to even try to demist the rear screen before reversing

Alternatively you could try the [admittedly not especially practical] trick I use to demist the car after she's been stood for a while; blow-heater in the boot with the sunroof on tilt
Sabre75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-14, 10:13 AM   #6
missfire
making wooden things
Classic Audi Club Member

Yep, sunroof is used as a safety device/demist aid regularly, as only one window works.
missfire is offline   Reply With Quote