Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Any legal boffins around to help?

Old 14-08-15, 12:31 PM   #11
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveymaclad View Post
honestly the guy I spoke to last night made me so angry my whole body was shaking for a good 40 minutes afterwards. Such a flippant attitude, he would have been less insulting to me if he'd just told me to f&*k off and we're keeping your money unless you fight for it.

Has now made me even more doggedly determined to fight them and get my money back. Though as someone earlier mentioned I'm already at the point of negative return if you factor in my hourly rate

Don't worry about your hourly negative return,you have been made angry enough to just fight this on a point of principle wanting justice and what's right.

I am not trying to be flippant here,quite the opposite,over the centuries people have fought for better conditions and lost thousands of hours in their personal time so we the later generations have a much better life and have enjoyed until recently. This is somewhat, and has been, under attack for the last 10 years or so. If the ordinary fellow just says "Oh i won't bother" that just sends out the signal that individuals and companies might as well ride rough shod over yours and my rights when we are violated. I'm not sure here but why not flip it around.Companies always turn screws on people with threats of penalties if things are not paid on time.Turn it around and charge him your hourly rate for your trouble on this case. The £100 will quickly turn into hundreds and is reasonable for your personal anguish your suffering and which should be recompensed. Might work for a quick settlement.

Use fire to fight fire.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-15, 12:46 PM   #12
cjp0349
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post

I am not trying to be flippant here,quite the opposite,over the centuries people have fought for better conditions and lost thousands of hours in their personal time so we the later generations have a much better life and have enjoyed until recently. This is somewhat, and has been, under attack for the last 10 years or so. If the ordinary fellow just says "Oh i won't bother" that just sends out the signal that individuals and companies might as well ride rough shod over yours and my rights when we are violated.

Use fire to fight fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjDxZqQhRBU

1973 (M) 80L 1.3 2-dr white
1979 (T) 80SE 1.6 met.bue
1983 (Y) 80CL 1.6 met.blue
cjp0349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-15, 01:47 PM   #13
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

Think of it as entertainment from here on in. You now have perfect justification to treat these scum with the entire contempt that imagination can conjure.
Old 14-08-15, 02:02 PM   #14
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Yeah.It seams the very well healed do it for fun.A builder not far from me laid lime chippings on the drives of these new prestige homes on that hot day of 37 a month ago. Well the after effects wafted onto ten 70-90k BMW'S and Audi's paintwork and now the very rich owners are suing the builders arse. The valeter who looked at my car has booked them in. He said the rich just take people to court for fun and enjoy doing it. Seriuosly! They are exercising their rights and have the money and power to back it up.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-15, 02:56 PM   #15
Daveymaclad
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post
Don't worry about your hourly negative return,you have been made angry enough to just fight this on a point of principle wanting justice and what's right.

I am not trying to be flippant here,quite the opposite,over the centuries people have fought for better conditions and lost thousands of hours in their personal time so we the later generations have a much better life and have enjoyed until recently. This is somewhat, and has been, under attack for the last 10 years or so. If the ordinary fellow just says "Oh i won't bother" that just sends out the signal that individuals and companies might as well ride rough shod over yours and my rights when we are violated. I'm not sure here but why not flip it around.Companies always turn screws on people with threats of penalties if things are not paid on time.Turn it around and charge him your hourly rate for your trouble on this case. The £100 will quickly turn into hundreds and is reasonable for your personal anguish your suffering and which should be recompensed. Might work for a quick settlement.

Use fire to fight fire.
Don't worry I have no intention of letting these guys get away with it.

I've already let them know that I'm charging interest in a daily basis and the small claims court will include at least two hours at my hourly rate which on its own will double the amount they owe me.

Bloody good idea to treat it as a sport & method of venting rather than letting it stress me further. Smart advice and one I've taken onboard gladly!