Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » deep thought...but why do we work?

Old 26-05-12, 06:04 PM   #31
Scarlet
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy View Post
A random thought after going to the bank yesterday morning and looking around at all the people dressed in suits who have gone to work... But what role in life and society do they play?
Would the world come to a grinding halt if everyone just stopped?

Probably not? Or have we as a human race became such a consumerist society that we work to live?
About 95% of the jobs on the planet are probably pointless and worthless and are only there as we have a need and lust to spend money..
If we didn't have to work in the first place, we wouldn't have this money to spend anyway.

and it seems that there are millions of jobs which have only been created through a consumer ridden society and if we worked in exchange for the simple things in life such as food and basics clothes, then most of the working people would be out of work tomorrow.

as you were...
Have you been smoking something you found growing in your garden?

Quattro Nation
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-12, 11:57 PM   #32
missfire
making wooden things
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real MSH! View Post
bloody hell. I thought that's what you were doing now
I wish! That'd be a simpler business model that the one I have at the moment, that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
Have you been smoking something you found growing in your garden?
Don't think so, a bit of peace an quiet in the stix gives you a better perspective that's all, having said that... they did all seem a bit 'away with it' when I went down to buy the 100turbo.. Or is that just what they're like in the midlands..?

This'll give you all a bit of perspective! The world is going to run out of phosphorus in ten years when china decides to stop exporting it and we are all going to starve to death!

What'ye going to do about that one oh work lovers..?? I don't think a nice suit and a new car will help you much then.

and no, I don't know what I'm going to do about it either, but I'm working on it..
missfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-12, 06:06 AM   #33
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missfire View Post
they did all seem a bit 'away with it' when I went down to buy the 100turbo.. Or is that just what they're like in the midlands..?
that's just what the rest of the worlds population is like! You need to get out more!
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-12, 07:18 AM   #34
b2_sport
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Its just a rat race, what a disgrace. Just like Bob Marley told us back in the seventies
b2_sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-12, 11:53 AM   #35
Aeo3
Grown up member

Living for the cash machine! We work so that the fat cats up at the very top can get fatter. Although at the moment...
Dinner time strongbow while having a spot of fishing in the hot sun. Living the dream! haha plenty of folk who dont work get up to this every day. Bar stewards. Not everyone of course!
Tonights tea sorted
Aeo3 is offline   Reply With Quote