Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Parts Wanted » audi a4 b5 quattro left rear shock mount/bracket

Old 21-11-17, 09:23 PM   #1
Alburglar
Grown up member

Default audi a4 b5 quattro left rear shock mount/bracket

as the title.
Alburglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 10:06 AM   #2
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Do you mean the top mount that attaches to the inner wheelarch and forms the top spring mount (shock goes inside it) if so then you'll need to either buy new or look for 2nd hand one from US ebay. I recently (June this year) bought a new one for the right side side on my A4 the left had been replaced b4 I bought the car due to excessive rot and I paid £150 delivered from a german ebay sellar, just checked this morning and the price is now a whopping £560 + postage from the same sellar so maybe its just gone NLA.

Its the same part as the B4 quattro (saloon/avant) and the rear of these rots out in spectacular fashion, although to be honest its only 1mm thick steel, the actual strenght is in the 4mm front box section part just look bad enough to cause MOT failure.

There is one on US ebay here 2nd hand but somewhat cheaper - https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-8D0512...4383.l4275.c10

Last edited by quattrodave; 22-11-17 at 10:09 AM.
quattrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 05:06 PM   #3
Alburglar
Grown up member

Audi don't have them either. I ended up plating it and totally re fabricating the spring cup.

Last edited by Alburglar; 22-11-17 at 05:08 PM.
Old 22-11-17, 08:48 PM   #4
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Thats definitely worse than the one I replaced, what state is the rear subframe in ?
quattrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 09:10 PM   #5
Alburglar
Grown up member

On the ramp it looked Good by comparison, as did the right hand bracket, so I think I got lucky there.
...well I say got lucky it did take all yesterday evening and until 3pm today to fabricate all the intricate pieces. I should have taken a finished pic, but I was in such a rush to fly back to MOT man to refit it and get tested before 5pm. MOT man was very complimentary of it. I was just chuffed there was enough good steel to weld to.

Last edited by Alburglar; 22-11-17 at 09:20 PM.