Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » The "Classic Audi Forum".

Old 28-11-16, 03:19 PM   #11
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellis46 View Post
Hey Mark (vdt) i know sometimes I have felt a bit like I'm late to the party if i see a thread a day or two later - i try and chime in if I feel i have something useful to say, i posted a suggestion i think about your cabrio leather from the pool in Cape Verde! Other times there have been times when I have felt like i have given a thread the 'kiss of death' as I will be the last to post. And i have come across the ignoring thing myself - then left feeling like ive upset people...? Hopefully not?!
Mark,your a good chap....you should never feel your too late, i reckon there's a few members glued to their screens at times just wishing a reply would come in however late.

I know eaxactly what you mean Mark........those last couple of sentences you wrote. I think that's called the human condition,everyone of us has feelings it's just that some are more sensitive than others and some just don't give a Feck about how silly they look!
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-16, 03:23 PM   #12
hmg
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

I divide my time between here and about 4 or 5 other car related forums.

Believe me this one is still thriving compared to others.

FB is easy and is good for tittle tattle and bitchy comments but if you want knowledge ,advice and camaraderie then this forum has it all. FB groups are also worldwide so you do get a lot more input and usually fairy quickly.

I also like the fact CA covers lots of models. and several decades of cars.

This simply is not the case with some other forums.

They may well be busy but the chat is very model specific and does not attract many owners from different models.

Eg) for arguments sake if you take BMW you don't get 5 series owners commenting on threads in the 7 or 8 series subforums.

Her you do and I like that

Plus other forums have rubbish smlies/emojies
hmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-16, 03:31 PM   #13
Kenquattro
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tun View Post
I think one of the problems for the forum is that it has become or is becoming too 'Niche'. Maybe we should be more diverse and embrace the new generation of classic Audi's, rather than become the quattro forum which may as well be called the UR quattro forum.
Kenquattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-16, 03:33 PM   #14
Tun
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

On reflection, I love this forum and to do my bit to protect it I will endeavor to post more and to reply your posts and excellent pictures!

On that note, Mark I love the A2 hope you and John had a great afternoon. John your coupe looks fantastic I seriously have to get some of that ceramic coating
Old 28-11-16, 03:55 PM   #15
Audi100C2
Grown up member

FB has its own strengths, but it is the forum that i keep coming back to for some reason. Maybe FB does not seem like the right place to store and share all the Audi, VAG etc. related information, and in addition it may be quite difficult to find any useful info from there later when you need it most.
As long as the Classic Audi website (and of course backups for it) are up and running i am happy to be more or less active here, whatever the reason - just posting, searching or asking or answering to CA related things.

As for posting pictures etc - who actually wants to post something useful or just great, then it will be done, right? I mean, if you really want to, then you can. Ask for help or whatever...

Also, i think FB will probably fade away at some point anyway, maybe not entirely, but i think you get the point.

Last edited by Audi100C2; 28-11-16 at 03:59 PM.
Audi100C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-16, 04:06 PM   #16
Jake Blight
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Kind of agree with every comment in this thread.

I've noticed that this site been quiet over the past few weeks but I still visit and make comments as and when I feels like it, and I'm fairly confident that others do to. This is a great place for opinion/ advice/ chat etc hence I paid my membership fees. Facebook is just another place to check in and chat with Audi folk. I am not quite as Audi addicted as others on here, however I do like to see what others do to their cars, not just the restore to original spec... I have always said that I don't care what folk do to their cars just so long as another car is kept on the road.

And as for photos on CA,well using photobucket is a pain in the bum hence I tend to post more pictures on FB. It's all horses for courses though..

All good though chaps and chapesses... Carry on.
Jake Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-16, 04:33 PM   #17
Micky
Mr Fifty Thousand!
Classic Audi Club Member

I've found since I was on a few years ago many of my friends have since gone .sold cars or just lost interest .
Some do eventually come back from time to time . The posting of cars is a pain and last Christmas calendar thread proved that I don't have an Audi anymore put still pop in from time to time . It's a great site and carnt keep off it .
Micky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-16, 04:36 PM   #18
slacky
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky View Post
I've found since I was on a few years ago many of my friends have since gone .sold cars or just lost interest .
Some do eventually come back from time to time . The posting of cars is a pain and last Christmas calendar thread proved that I don't have an Audi anymore put still pop in from time to time . It's a great site and carnt keep off it .

ay up Micky lad ow ya doin

90q-Cab.
2.3E-Ur-S6
-b2-80 Sport
Member 111
slacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-16, 04:47 PM   #19
Micky
Mr Fifty Thousand!
Classic Audi Club Member

I'm great thanks how's everyone
Micky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-16, 05:17 PM   #20
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

i will have been on here 7 years in January and have seen people come and go. As far as arsebook is concerned you can shove it !
One of the problems on here is that things can be misread as in misunderstood, and then people fall out, i have seen this numerous times. Some on here think they are far more important than they are too i think and this will put people off, me ?, i try not to let it bother me, although if i think somebody is being given a hard time on here i will post up regardless of who it is.
Coxy is the man you should ask !
This is his forum so his opinion counts, this started as a pre A series Audi forum, doesn't bother me if A series cars are on here provided they are older models, but as said in other post's, quattro quattro quattro is a lot of what is posted on here and that gets boring, then again i probably do too

I would like the forum to survive/get busier as i think it's a shame the way it has gone downhill since the arsebook side of things started, there are lots of interesting cars and people on here, but there are some jumped up little Hitlers too who need sorting by the boss !

Over to you Coxy
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote