Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Electrical problems » Another central locking one

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-17, 01:42 PM   #1
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Question Another central locking one

May as well start at the very beginning.

About 2 months ago the central locking stopped operating from the drivers door , wind forward a bit and i had the doorcards off to fit new end seals, while the drivers doorcard was off i pulled the plug off from the central locking for a look and it was a bit grotty inside, cleaned it up and put it back on and the pump operated the instant the plug went back on, great i thought .

I put the doorcards back on and locked the car from the drivers side, then i went round to the passenger side to try that, it was suddenly intermittent as in it worked every second or third try i'll just look again tomorrow i thought, went back to the drivers door and that locked and unlocked the car no problem.

Went out to the car the next morning and neither of the doors would operate the central locking and have not done since.
So, how do i use a multi meter to test for power to the plugs ? Do the doors operate the central locking on independant circuits as they appear to ? Or could it be just one broken wire stopping it all working.

Thanks in advance.

Forgot to put it's the B4 Coupe i am talking about.

Last edited by sinbin5t; 07-08-17 at 06:35 PM.
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote