Classic Audi Club Member

Default Audi 80 B4 avant for sale
Seller Type : Private
Vehicle Make : Audi
Vehicle Model : Audi 80 B4 Avant
Price : £1395
Additional Details : V5C (Logbook) ,MOT'd

Hey guys,

So I'm looking at selling my Crystal Silver B4 Avant. Some of you may know this car (Mark - VDT )

(Reg No.) M309 BYS
2.6E V6 ABC
Part service history (stamped book) but a folder full of receipts

Just had fresh 12 month MOT, a few advisories but nothing major.

4 matching Dunlop tyres with good tread

Very plush, unmarked and quite sort after blue velour seats

Front electric windows. Electric heated mirrors. All electrics work as they should. VDO gauges and usual "E" spec for the V6

Genuine Audi rubber mats

Tow bar will full electric hook up

I've had it for around a year now as I needed a general workhorse for carting other B4 parts around and it excelled at its job! I've carried out a few jobs on it prior to using it. These are;

Repair sunroof as it was stuck on one side. This turned out to be the wormgear stuck inside its guide tube. It is now fully working on tilt and slide and the top panel is all aligned but I’ve disconnected the motor because if anybody knows what a pig of a job this is they'll understand!

While doing this I removed the headlining including all orange mess and reattached using trim fix high temp glue. In hind sight I should have replaced the material as it’s not the best looking but it is well attached now with no sagging.

Removed all door card material, cleaned and reattached using same method as above. All are now well attached.

Built a centre console cup holder using an early A4 twin cup holder that slots into the storage compartment next to the handbrake. Very handy indeed!

Replaced rear outer light clusters as they had slights cracks

Replaced near side passenger wing mirror as the casing was cracked. The new one though only moves up and down but I'll include the original if you want to swap the motors.

Upgraded rear door speakers

Full engine flush and service x 2 including gearbox oil

Replaced engine covers as they had cracks.

Replaced accelerator pedal

It had a slight oil leak which I thought was one of the 2 sump gaskets so I purchased the gaskets then on closer inspection it turned out to be the knock sensor O ring so I replaced this and cured the oil leak so it will come with both new sump gaskets.

It was picked up as having a coolant leak on the MOT, this turned out to be a weeping radiator hose that just needed nipping up, with this I’ve never noticed the coolant go down and no coolant has seeped since.

It had a lot of work done last year for MOT including new catalytic converter, front shock absorbers and springs plus a few other bits.

All in all it’s a decent load lugger. Pulls very well and smooth through all gears, it's a really pleasant drive and hasn't let me down once. Brakes are good, exhaust is solid and suspension is solid (Advisory for N/S pin bush)

It has a few marks and scratches here and there but it’s presentable, it has been used for what it was intended for. It has a patch of rust coming through the nearside front wing but is still solid, same again on rear tailgate and nearside rear corner but all have been treated with Furtan rust prevention.

If anyone is interested then please drop me a PM and I’ll send photos across via wattsap. I’d rather it stay within the group before I’m forced to Ebay it

Steve

Last edited by Peacedub; 25-02-19 at 01:27 PM.
Peacedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-19, 08:51 PM   #2
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

GLWS

It's hard to believe i sold this car 10 years ago this March. It was a fabulous car we loved it, always used as a holdall for holidays and transporting fishing gear, pulled hard when asked with turbine smoothness and superb on fuel for me! Surprised it had new shocks as i replaced with new Audi ones 11 years and 45k miles ago before i sold it and every single serviceable suspension part with genuine Audi parts.

Hope it finds a good home on here and we see it regularly within these pages.

Pic taken 10 years ago for ebay before i belonged to any forums.

vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-19, 09:09 PM   #3
slacky
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Sounds nice
Photos work wonders

90q-Cab.
2.3E-Ur-S6
-b2-80 Sport
Member 111
slacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-19, 09:10 PM   #4
Peacedub
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post
GLWS

It's hard to believe i sold this car 10 years ago this March. It was a fabulous car we loved it, always used as a holdall for holidays and transporting fishing gear, pulled hard when asked with turbine smoothness and superb on fuel for me! Surprised it had new shocks as i replaced with new Audi ones 11 years and 45k miles ago before i sold it and every single serviceable suspension part with genuine Audi parts.

Hope it finds a good home on here and we see it regularly within these pages.

Pic taken 10 years ago for ebay before i belonged to any forums.

Great picture Mark, it looks the same but without the ellipsoids and a little cleaner back then but I'll be giving it a good clean this weekend. It really does pull well and is so smooth. When I bought it it had been used to tootle around the shops and was sluggish so I overhauled the fuelling with new injectors from a later model and general servicing/cleaning of the intake, combined with the oil flush and servicing It now pulls great and doesn't miss a beat. I now have an A6 7 seater to use for family and biking trips. So like many of my Audi collection it's now surplus to requirements and the missus is telling me our house is not a Classic Audi dealership
Old 14-02-19, 09:19 PM   #5
Peacedub
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacky View Post
Sounds nice
Photos work wonders
Yeah sorry about the lack of photos, I currently have access to my phone only but I'll be able to upload some at the weekend. I can send photos upon request. Thanks Mark for the photo... any more
Old 14-02-19, 09:37 PM   #6
slacky
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Looks classy in silver
Love mint 10 spokes

90q-Cab.
2.3E-Ur-S6
-b2-80 Sport
Member 111
slacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-19, 10:48 PM   #7
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacky View Post
Love mint 10 spokes

Old 14-02-19, 10:51 PM   #8
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacedub View Post
Thanks Mark for the photo... any more
No problem

I'll have a look for some but i fear they're on the old laptop and i don't know how to transfer on a dongle thingy.
Old 15-02-19, 09:28 AM   #9
Peacedub
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post
No problem

I'll have a look for some but i fear they're on the old laptop and i don't know how to transfer on a dongle thingy.
Na I was only messing, the one you've posted is great and speaks for itself
Old 18-02-19, 03:25 PM   #10
Peacedub
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Now on the "Bay" with pics galore

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-80-A...aZV4:rk:4:pf:0