Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Garage trade cons, my current pet hate.

Old 15-01-17, 07:44 PM   #11
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4v6 View Post
I already have my name down for benign dictator but im quite willing to share power.

I can just imagine you and the real MSH in power, get the ballot papers out

sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-17, 10:58 PM   #12
john johnson
Moderator of sausages
Classic Audi Club Member

I took the rs4 into the dealers for a service on 17th December , they gave it a health check and found nothing ( bit of a shock that ) but they did not have an air filter in stock so had to order one in and it took 4 days to arrive . I booked it in for 9th jan as I was away and rocked up and they wanted to do another health check ! The service indicator had not even settled down yet from the first visit and I'd done 40mile !
And if you are reading this as James may would say ' you're a cock '
john johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-17, 06:54 PM   #13
Jimbo
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4v6 View Post
So Vw sends you a recall notice to get your emissions scandal issue fixed, consists of a download and a couple parts depending on the model.
You take your almost new motor in to the dealer and what do they now try and do? "A free vehicle health check sir! to go with your recall..."
Are they freaking mental? Theyre trying to sell you something based on you going in for something entirely different and NECESSARY!!!, its bordering on fraudulent to me, I cannot stand how this makes me feel.
Its a simple pretence to part you from your money so they can make some more profit, as if theyve not already made enough, Ferengi, the lot of em!

Most VW are hopeless, we have two cars that need doing! Just trying to get the cars booked in is hard work! I worked in Franchise Main Dealers for 18 yrs. Customer Satisfaction seems to be on a hugely downward spiral. For sure there a few good eggs out there still but they seam to getting fewer by the day😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18-01-17, 07:06 PM   #14
natt
Grown up member

I'm a technician in a main dealer. I do VHC's on every single car I see, it's the first thing I do. 'We have a duty of care' is the official statement which is true, if I done work on a car which went out and something entirely unrelated goes wrong Id get hell for it.
It's a very difficult line to walk, I have absolute tolerances to work with in regards to brakes and tyres that will flag up for the service advisor to say to the customer 'this needs doing' the rest is up to my judgement. It's always a fine balance between making sure the customers car is as safe as possible, and not being ridiculously picky to the point the customer feels ripped off.
Spare a thought for the technician behind the checks who's battling with the bureaucracy as well as being fair. Were not all crooks 😉

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
natt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-17, 07:23 PM   #15
Jimbo
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natt View Post
I'm a technician in a main dealer. I do VHC's on every single car I see, it's the first thing I do. 'We have a duty of care' is the official statement which is true, if I done work on a car which went out and something entirely unrelated goes wrong Id get hell for it.
It's a very difficult line to walk, I have absolute tolerances to work with in regards to brakes and tyres that will flag up for the service advisor to say to the customer 'this needs doing' the rest is up to my judgement. It's always a fine balance between making sure the customers car is as safe as possible, and not being ridiculously picky to the point the customer feels ripped off.
Spare a thought for the technician behind the checks who's battling with the bureaucracy as well as being fair. Were not all crooks ��

Hi Natt,

I quite agree, the job you do is so important!And often hugely undervalued. Unfortunately front of house staff are often undertrained & understaffed, and therefore no matter how accurately you work. The customer will leave extremely frustrated when they receive poor customer service and feel unsatisfied with the whole experience. I feel your frustrations. As I said before there are some good eggs out there, they just seem to be getting more scarce than my coupes rear subframe ���� Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jimbo; 18-01-17 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Poor Spelling
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-17, 07:25 PM   #16
natt
Grown up member

That front of house staff comment hits closer to home than you think. Lol 😂

natt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-17, 07:31 PM   #17
Jimbo
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Does it feel like this
Old 18-01-17, 07:56 PM   #18
cjp0349
Classic Audi Club Member

Several years ago now I bought a 2nd hand 'new' Beetle with a full VW service history. Against my better judgement I took it to the local VW dealer, who I had had a bad experience with before, for its next service. To test their integrity I filled the washer bottle to capacity and guess what, yes, I was charged for topping up the washer bottle
A very minor matter in the great scheme of things but what other jobs had been ticked off as done when they hadn't? I was refunded my £3 or whatever but it is because of that I will never, ever, entertain any main dealer for anything ever again.
A work colleague purchased a new Volvo a few years later. He remembered my washer tale and did the same and was charged for a non existent top up as well
cjp0349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-17, 08:23 PM   #19
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

So who fibs, the service manager ? or the technician ?
And does anybody get an incentive for work supposedly done ?
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote