Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Laser idiots!

Old 12-09-12, 06:31 AM   #11
geneandbolly
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Bladerunner Units - the only way forward....

Old 24-09-13, 04:03 PM   #12
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

dredging up an old topic... but bugger all apologies, so there!

Sometime in the last year, I stumbled across a little scrote who was quite certain that we are spoil sports for wanting this stopped.
Seriously, is there anyone so low in the IQ department that thinks this is at all harmless fun?

I'm all for people doing whatever they want to each other- if two consenting adults want to tie each other up in a basement, and get defiled with all manner of kitchen utensils, so be it. So long as whatever you do is not impacting on other people, feel free.
If you want to laser something, laser your friends. Go ahead, be an entry in the Darwin awards.

I'll stick to more sedate pastimes, thank you.

Now. Where's that invite to pirate hunting off the coast of Somalia?
Old 24-09-13, 07:49 PM   #13
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real MSH! View Post
dredging up an old topic... but bugger all apologies, so there!

Sometime in the last year, I stumbled across a little scrote who was quite certain that we are spoil sports for wanting this stopped.
Seriously, is there anyone so low in the IQ department that thinks this is at all harmless fun?

I'm all for people doing whatever they want to each other- if two consenting adults want to tie each other up in a basement, and get defiled with all manner of kitchen utensils, so be it. So long as whatever you do is not impacting on other people, feel free.
If you want to laser something, laser your friends. Go ahead, be an entry in the Darwin awards.

I'll stick to more sedate pastimes, thank you.

Now. Where's that invite to pirate hunting off the coast of Somalia?
funny you should mention folk being screwball...
I had a delightful weekend of people jumping in front of trains, with one rolling up under a train in front of 60 odd passengers, then considerately bursting into flames on the conductor rail, followed, two hours later by a couple on a suicide pact (one successful, on not quite so), spreading themselves over dozens of yards of railway line.... All in all, a cronic day to try and run a railway and to be crucified for trying to run a railway.

At least you only get the laser, we get the lasers, and, on average, on our division, a human being attached, every fortnight....

Last edited by Isimmo; 24-09-13 at 07:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Isimmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-13, 08:26 PM   #14
lefthooker
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isimmo View Post
funny you should mention folk being screwball...
I had a delightful weekend of people jumping in front of trains, with one rolling up under a train in front of 60 odd passengers, then considerately bursting into flames on the conductor rail, followed, two hours later by a couple on a suicide pact (one successful, on not quite so), spreading themselves over dozens of yards of railway line.... All in all, a cronic day to try and run a railway and to be crucified for trying to run a railway.

At least you only get the laser, we get the lasers, and, on average, on our division, a human being attached, every fortnight....
It must be a terrible thing to have to deal with as a driver. Of course no one in their state of mind considers how taking their life will impact on somebody elses.
lefthooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-13, 08:34 PM   #15
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthooker View Post
It must be a terrible thing to have to deal with as a driver. Of course no one in their state of mind considers how taking their life will impact on somebody elses.
Seriously, most folk wouldn't even get close to understanding the horror some of them go through, we've had to console drivers who've had them come through into the cab. I've seen things and, sadly, had to comfort drivers through events even worse than your worst horror stories....Some you couldn't even dream up...

Last edited by Isimmo; 24-09-13 at 08:45 PM.
Isimmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-13, 09:13 PM   #16
john johnson
Moderator of sausages
Classic Audi Club Member

There was a jumper in front of the train on Friday when I was going to Birmingham new street , caused chaos ... Twit
And if you are reading this as James may would say ' you're a cock '
john johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-13, 09:42 PM   #17
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john johnson View Post
There was a jumper in front of the train on Friday when I was going to Birmingham new street , caused chaos ... Twit
Price?... about £800,000 at a guess for that on a Friday into a busy Midlands hub.... A cost not to the Train Operators, after all, its not their fault, nor is it Network Rails... Nope, it's paid for by the Department for Transport... eg, the Tax payer... So, delay minutes, and attributable delays (eg, late trains making right time trains late further into their journeys) just spiral, then, inevitably most passengers are eligible for a partial or full refund, then there's the cost of losing a driver(s) for a couple of weeks and covering their work on overtime/rest days.... And the cost of mobilising (us) incident response and it all gets fiscally very serious.... But the psychological scars are far more extensive for some of the drivers, with their careers ended, or domestic breakup, or depression.
On the bright side, most of them are back driving within a week or so, and are generally no worse for wear.... Other than a rather macabre sense of humour....
Old 24-09-13, 09:50 PM   #18
john johnson
Moderator of sausages
Classic Audi Club Member

Bet it's messy though Simmo ! The guard , sorry train manager was rather dry
And if you are reading this as James may would say ' you're a cock '
john johnson is offline   Reply With Quote