Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Engine » Ur quattro Throttle cable connection rubber bush

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-18, 02:37 PM   #1
Colin Aitchison
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Ur quattro Throttle cable connection rubber bush

Leaving the mothers the other day I had a problem with the throttle pedal, started the car and into first gear and off we went, into second gear and couldn't find the throttle pedal, after a quick look down at my feet I realized the throttle pedal was on the floor and the car was just idling, oops that looks like a broken throttle cable, after a small investigation all looked well in the engine bay, driver side looked Ok pedal was connected to the link bar, passengers side, the cable had come unattached from the link bar above the passengers feet, the link bar has a loop in the end of it and the throttle is linked to this with a rubber bush, sort of like a bobbin, in the Pdf file below 8 is the throttle cable 15 is the link bar for right hand drive and 7 is the rubber bush, the pedal 1 is for a left hand drive car, I though on viewing the problem that a snap clip had come adrift and that allowed the rubber bobbin to slip out of the hole in the link bar but the rubber bush has a shoulder on it that locks it in place but due to age the rubber has perished and the shoulder has gone, after ten minuets and two zip ties the throttle cable was reconnected to the link bar, now the search for a new rubber bush, lots on Ebay around the £2 mark but 4 to 6 weeks delivery from China, gave Audi a phone in Stirling and £12 inc. Vat. pick up at the weekend, this is the only problem this year with the car while out driving and it is down to age.

Colin Aitchison is offline   Reply With Quote