Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Parts Wanted » 100Q avant c3 1989 Brake Master Cylinder

Old 10-03-17, 11:43 AM   #11
Arch_80
Grown up member

s-l1600-2 small.jpg

s-l1600 small.jpg

So having a spot of luck this complete 20v coupe brake system turns up on the flea'bey and boom mo foes! it is in! on! done! working! Well after rebuilding the seized front callipers and fixing a host of other brake works inc the bomb, lines, pads etc. The 100 now has the brake capacity to stop good enough for MOT and I'm happy enough with that, although have already spent more than I wanted just on the brake system. Good thing I did the engine and fuel system (mostly) first haha. 100 Avant will be running on the road next week after some hand made fuel lines. KA'BANGR! Result!

So simple affordable fix for those who want to know. Just swap out the 100 parts with coupe 20v parts and remove other bits as required (aka that little booster on the lines).

Last update on this I promise.
Arch_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-17, 12:32 PM   #12
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
remove other bits as required (aka that little booster on the lines).
Is the 'booster on the lines' that you refer to, a part normally fitted in the avant/100, or an unwanted extra on the 20v parts that you've acquired?
There are a number of odd components in the braking system which actually have import functions, and maybe should be deleted with care.
E.g. Brake force regulators in the lines to rear brakes, which control braking effort as the rear suspension unloads during braking.
Distributors, which provide front:rear braking bias.
Old 10-03-17, 01:08 PM   #13
Arch_80
Grown up member

We assumed it as an unwanted extra from the Coupe 20v because the 100 didn't have it up by the master cylinder as the coupe did. We thought the regulators would be further down the line or part of the ABS unit.

You've voiced what was mentioned at the time we came to fit it. I went for the get it fitted and moved now approach because the RV had to be moved where 100 was sat and it needed to be moved PDQ.

Any issues will hopefully be obvious when we do test it properly once it's all back together but for preliminary test it hasn't come back a wrong'un.
Arch_80 is offline   Reply With Quote