Old 21-03-12, 01:37 PM   #1
Roger Galvin
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Good home wanted
Vehicle Model : 1989 Audi 200 quattro avant
Price : ££1250
Additional Details : V5C (Logbook) ,MOT'd

Hello all, the time has come to reduce my fleet of cars, so I have decided to sell the four type 44 cars that I have, they all need good homes. First up is this 1989 200 quattro avant. This is the car that I won the local pub Le Mans charity challenge in last year, so yes Audi won Le Mans twice last year. Zermatt silver with the usual half grey leather interior with electric seats etc etc. the body is pretty good, I repainted the N/S quarter, though there is some rot in the A pillars and some microblistering on the bonnet. It is sat on the later 8 spoke wheels (much nicer than aeros IMO). The odometer shows 222,000 which is about right, I have some service history. She passed an MOT last Friday so has 12 months ticket, the only immediate work needed is to replace the weeping rack (no surprises there). I replaced the pulley damper and the cam belt in May last year so no issues there. The air con is broke, as is the drivers window. I glued the roof lining back in, but the sunroof panel would benefit from some attention. The number plate A200 AV (a 200 avant) is included in the sale but I've already been offered £500 quid for it so no silly offers.

Roger Galvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-12, 07:33 PM   #2
JMLAudi
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Smile

I like that alot
JMLAudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-12, 08:33 PM   #3
ian20v
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Mmmm what other type 44s are you rehoming?
ian20v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-12, 11:13 AM   #4
Roger Galvin
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

In addition to the 200 quattro avant I have a platinum silver 1989 200 quattro saloon, half leather blue interior. Not been run for a couple of years, I need to sort an oil cooler leak and get her MOT'ed. Same problem as the avant weeping steering rack, but otherwise I think last time I used it everything worked OK, except the air con which needs regassing.
Has a two piece manifold, fitted by me at 140,000 total mileage is approx 250,000 but still runs well. Huge history file I bought this car twice the second time in part ex for a V8

Third up is an Audi 100 turbo avant on a 1991 registration, came to me some years back, one previous owner from new again it has a two piece manifold, refitted by me when the car arrived as it was blowing. Full black leather interior the car had a new 3 speed auto gearbox at 90,000ish, quite tidy but both front wings are dented and would need attention to look smart. handbrake is US so I'd need to sort the rear callipers for and MOT but otherwise not a bad motor (the steering rack doesn't leak!)

Lastly 1991 100 quattro avant in Pearl White with matching wheels and new hub caps which I bought just before the electrics to the fuel pump failed. Went quite nicely before that, I can force feed her electricity to get her going but the air con, internal fan, electric windows are faulty. Cloth interior with heated seats, well equiped motor but will need some effort to make her nice again, and I simply don't have the time to take on all the above. Which is why I'd like to get them sorted one at a time and moved them on to new homes.

Roger Galvin
Technical Secretary, qOC
quattro workshop
Old 23-03-12, 11:34 AM   #5
Roger Galvin
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Yumiben, please e-mail me quattroworkshop@msn.com, I'm struggling to reply through the pm system

Roger Galvin
Technical Secretary, qOC
quattro Workshop
Old 20-04-12, 06:48 PM   #6
Razzy
Newbie!

Hi,
tried to send you a message about the 200tq but no reply
Is it still available ?

Thanks
Razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-12, 07:56 AM   #7
Roger Galvin
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

As we go to press today Razzy the car is still available, Yumiben was interestede but I think I've talked him out of it as I don't think its what he's looking for. E-mail me quattroworkshop@msn.com or in the office 01455 208037, mobile 07966 136714.

Roger Galvin
Technical Secretary, qOC
quattro Workshop
Old 17-05-12, 11:55 AM   #8
Roger Galvin
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

An update for all you type 44 lovers. The 100 quattro has been sold to Simon Cave down in sunny Bournemouth, but the others are still here. Razzy made me an offer for the 200 quattro avant sans the registration, but two weeks later is not responding to my e-mails so I don't suppose I'll ever see that £700. The bloke who said he wanted the registration at £500 has also given backword, I'd rather it stayed on the car anyway.

So lets make it simple, the car drives has a current MOT the registration A200 AV (a 200 avant) is included, the price is now £995. Any takers??? If not it goes on fleabay next week and I'll see what happens.
Old 20-05-12, 08:42 PM   #9
DERV_Monkey
Grown up member

Hi Roger, the Iceberg (as I will now call it) landed back at mine last Sunday, been back to look at it this weekend. I've never seen so much history with a car - many thousands spent over the years and original pdi doc aswell which is always nice. No nasty surprises apart from the very impressive spider that had a go at my hand as I unscrewed the header tank cap Anyway to be safe it's going to need some fuel lines (braided ones from the metering head) and also cold start line aswell. I'm going to try and stockpile a few typ 44 bits so have you or anybody else reading this got anything they want to sell me to get this rare old beauty back on the road??
DERV
DERV_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-12, 06:57 AM   #10
Roger Galvin
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Crisarc has enquired about the typw 44's that I had for sale so I've reserected this thread.