Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Wheels & Tyres » URq tyres - Toyo T1-R 225 50 15 91V

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-21, 02:16 PM   #61
QuattroBird
Grown up member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 36
Default

Wow. Not good. I heard they issued new bolt separately to those on the first batches well seems USA anyway
If paid with credit card try that route to get your money back

Failing that I am sure people will buy as long as you make aware new inserts and bolts needed.
Good luck
QuattroBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 05:35 AM   #62
darreno'd'
Mr Sixty Thousand!!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
darreno'd''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: berkshire
Posts: 1,702
Default

Is anyone running the 16’s at the moment then, I remember a few people bought them at the time ?
__________________
http://www.oesems.co.uk/
darreno'd' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 10:45 AM   #63
QuattroBird
Grown up member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 36
Default

I have seen pictures of silver and white fitted -
tried to upload but can never get a small enough file or whatever to upload any pictures

try some of the ur quattro FB pages and ask for pictures - mine not fitted yet but looking at a set fitted to a red ur and looks good
QuattroBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 11:32 AM   #64
BackintheFold
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member
 
BackintheFold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Near an MB ur Quattro
Posts: 828
Default

If i can jump on this thread briefly.. may have a set of four 8jx15's for sale soon. I have collected a few and am getting some refurbished to go on my car.

I thought I'd just do them all in the proper silver which is what I'd put on my car, but do you/anyone think i should do the spares white? Or offer them cheaper and not refurbished so buyer can do whatever colour they may want?
__________________
2006 A3 (daily drive)
BackintheFold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 12:13 PM   #65
Isimmo
Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sissix-by-the-sea
Posts: 15,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackintheFold View Post
If i can jump on this thread briefly.. may have a set of four 8jx15's for sale soon. I have collected a few and am getting some refurbished to go on my car.

I thought I'd just do them all in the proper silver which is what I'd put on my car, but do you/anyone think i should do the spares white? Or offer them cheaper and not refurbished so buyer can do whatever colour they may want?
I doubt you have, but I’m after a single unrefurbished 8x15 R8 to make my spare three a set of 4 for the rallycar.
__________________
1985 WR quattro, 1985 20vT RallyRep, 1993 MTM ABY S2 Avant. 2010 S3 Sportback.
Isimmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 12:24 PM   #66
BackintheFold
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member
 
BackintheFold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Near an MB ur Quattro
Posts: 828
Default

I'd afraid I will want to sell as a set of four.
Although, if 3 other people want a single one that would work...
__________________
2006 A3 (daily drive)
BackintheFold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 03:14 PM   #67
QuattroBird
Grown up member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 36
Default

ur quattro restoration FB page Wagemns Evert was selling a single rim needing refurb on 12th April
QuattroBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 03:32 AM   #68
darreno'd'
Mr Sixty Thousand!!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
darreno'd''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: berkshire
Posts: 1,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuattroBird View Post
I have seen pictures of silver and white fitted -
tried to upload but can never get a small enough file or whatever to upload any pictures

try some of the ur quattro FB pages and ask for pictures - mine not fitted yet but looking at a set fitted to a red ur and looks good
I don’t do Facebook so can’t look there.
__________________
http://www.oesems.co.uk/
darreno'd' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 06:59 PM   #69
darreno'd'
Mr Sixty Thousand!!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
darreno'd''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: berkshire
Posts: 1,702
Default

So I have to say these toyos are on my car now and they are proving superb, two things are obvious, the Dunlop’s by age were well past their best, and these combined with all the work on the suspension are like night and day. No tramlining and a super positive confidence inspiring drive.
__________________
http://www.oesems.co.uk/
darreno'd' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 11:17 PM   #70
Isimmo
Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sissix-by-the-sea
Posts: 15,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darreno'd' View Post
So I have to say these toyos are on my car now and they are proving superb, two things are obvious, the Dunlop’s by age were well past their best, and these combined with all the work on the suspension are like night and day. No tramlining and a super positive confidence inspiring drive.
Ours is still on T1R’s and they’re probably considered an ancient tyre design in mid 2021 but for how we use the Ur Quattro v cost and comfort v longevity etc. they’ve been lovely. I’m sure if they were put to modern tyre test rigour they’d be pretty average but that’s just fine for an average Quattro with an average driver on an average drive.
__________________
1985 WR quattro, 1985 20vT RallyRep, 1993 MTM ABY S2 Avant. 2010 S3 Sportback.
Isimmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007-2008 Classic Audi | Site by Roadrunna