Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » 1982 Porsche 924 Turbo

Old 07-11-07, 08:01 PM   #1
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Default 1982 Porsche 924 Turbo

Not mine before you ask!!!

The car is in immaculate condition with only a couple of minor parking dinks which are to be expected on a car of this age. There is no rust on the vehicle and there are no areas of concern on the body work at all.

Finished in 2 tone brown, this car is a true retro classic of the 80's. The 924 Turbo is a much underrated and appreciating classic for a fraction of the cost of it's bigger brothers!

The 924 has benefitted from new brakes all round, a new headgasket, and a new Turbo, so this should see the new owner with plenty of trouble free miles to come.

The car is fitted with the classic ATS wires which were refurbed a few years ago. They are still in excellent condition although the centre caps do have some lacquer lift.

The car has tax until January 2008 and MOT until July 2008. There is also a folder with a mountain of bills and receipts and past MOT's. This car has been owned by PCGB members for the past number of years.

The interior is in superb condition, almost timewarp in fact. There is very little sign of wear on the seats. The car also has the correct Porsche logo'd mats, again, these are in excellet condition.

The car does have a later more modern CD player fitted.

In the boot, there is the spare, plus a vinyl bag for the sunroof to be safely stowed and the genuine Porsche 12v foot pump.

There are a couple of minor issues which may need sorting out but these are not MOT issues and in no way detract from the overall condition of the vehicle.

The odometer has stopped working prior to the last MOT. The car only gets fair weather use and has seen little use since the MOT. (Currently showing 22,xxx miles (only 5 digits, so presuming 122k). There are MOT's going back for about 20 years so this current mileage can be verified up until the odometer stopped working, but now cannot be guaranteed for obvious reasons!

The electric fuel pump does wine a little. This is a common problem with Audi's and Porsches (924's) as they share similar parts. It works exactly as it's supposed to, but may need addressing in the not to distant future. Whilst the car has been in my friends possession, the noise has neither got better or worse.

There is some laminate lift of the top corners of the front windscreen. This again is a common fault on 924's. This actually shows up on an AA report (which is with all the history and paperwork) from about 15 years ago, and it hasn't got any worse since then!! It is the original screen as well!!

I am selling this car on behalf of my friend as I am currently storing it for her and as she has a lack of garage space I have offered to keep her nice and dry in my unit! I will endeavour to answer any questions on her behalf.

The vehicle is located just of J12, M6 (South Staffs) and is available for viewing every week day and weekends by appointment. We would encourage any prospective buyers to come and view.

plenty of pics on eVil Bay!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ebaymotors/ws/...#onPhotoChoice
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote