Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » 88 UR Quattro MB- **Has Been Sold**

Old 11-03-10, 09:54 PM   #1
Dazmcc
Grown up member

Default 88 UR Quattro MB
Seller Type : Private
Vehicle Make : Audi
Vehicle Model : UR Quattro
Price : £3000ish
Additional Details : V5C (Logbook)

1988 Audi UR Quattro MB
‘F’ plate
Tornado red
Standard cloth
2 Previous owners
Part Service History
HPI Clear

#### PLEASE NOTE PIC IS FROM APPROX 5 YEARS AGO NEW PICS TO FOLLOW ####

After a lot (A LOT) of thought it breaks my heart to part company with my UR. The car has been laid up in storage for about 85% of my ownership initially due to Audi’s crap parts availability, and more recently due to priority changes in my life and lack of storage space at home.

I am lucky enough now to not need something to give me kicks on the road like the UR used to, I am however after something that’s a blast on track days etc without the NLA issues and cost that the UR brings. I am also concious that standard restored MB’s are getting rare now and I would feel pretty bad pulling it apart to become some sort of Track Mule (plus Amanda would kill me!).

The car is currently in dry storage with a friend until I lose that luxury next week, the car will be arriving home with me sometime in the next 7 days, at which point I will update with photo’s and more detail. Once its back I want to move it on as quickly as possible partly as I have no garage to store it in, and more so because if it sits around too long I’ll not want to let it go! For now this is what I can tell you about it…..

Service History:
Original book pack present including service book

Serviced by Supplying Dealer (Steve Norris Ltd Salisbury) upto 63455 miles
Maintained by 2nd owner (D&I Collins, Goodworth Clatford Garage,Andover) upto my purchase in 2004 @ approx 240k miles. All stamped in service upto approx 200k miles.

Has been in dry storage since 2005, run and moved regularly until 2008, last ran in late 2008/early 2009

All the items in italic were bought and/or replaced while in storage and have therefore covered 0 miles, all new parts were either from local Audi dealer or Pete Reeve@Quattro corner:

Body:
• Good solid shell
• OSF wing shot (brand new original wing supplied with car)
• Requires repair to boot hinge area (under rear screen seal)
• From memory one spot on NSF sill area requires attention
• Various car park marks, stone chips etc
• Damage to front grille (good used spare with car)
• Original fibreglass boot lid (still with supplying dealers logo)
• Original Quattro script rear screen (HRW all works)
• Factory Sunroof (seal poor condition visually but no leaks)

Interior:
• Excellent standard cloth trim
• Fully functioning Digi dash
• Heated seats (inop from memory)
• Worn steering wheel (decent used item available)
• Non-genuine gear knob (good original available)
• Additional guages fitted where head unit lived (previous owner fitted these and moved head unit to glovebox)
• Glove box (inside) and parcel shelf have been cut to allow upgraded stereo fitment
• All stereo equipment now removed

Brakes:
Green stuff brake pads F+R with EBC front discs & Standard rears
• Goodridge stainless hoses
• New rear calipers (to be fitted)

• Resealed front calipers

Engine:
Standard MB
Vehicle was originally stored to allow for engine top end rebuild and turbo replacement, as well as tidying the body. A near 2 year wait for a front wing killed off a lot of my enthusiasm and funds saved for the project as at the time I ran 2 other cars as well as the UR.Over the next couple of years I kept changing my mind (and still do!) over what to with the car, standard rebuild, 20v transplant etc etc. At one point I had accumulated all new rads,oil cooler and new (recon) head from Audi ready to go before changing my mind and selling the lot again! Doh!

I was abroad all last year and the car was stored with a friend, as a result it has not been ran since late 2008/early 2009ish as once the battery went flat he didn’t have time to do anything with it. When I get it back next week I will assess the condition of the engine bay before deciding wether to attempt to start it or not and report back, I have to bear in mind that apart from the poor condition of any fuel left in the vehicle and general state of deterioration of seals etc, the car has not received a new timing belt since in my possession due to the low miles I did then long-term storage.

As a minimum I would suggest it needs a top end overhaul, manifold checking, turbo recon and rads overhauling, I will advise more if I can once I have it back home.

Suspension/Chassis:
Set of Boge dampers
• H+R -35mm Springs
• New top mounts
• New wishbone bushes
• New subframe bushes (to be fitted)
• New rear lower balljoints
• New front lower balljoints
• New Front CV kits
• Wheels refurbed (standard Ronal’s)
• New Pirelli rubber

Missing parts:
• Front + Rear windscreen seals ( I have may have sourced a rear and continue to look for a front,these were cut to allow easy removal of the screens for body inspection/prep for respray, no prep has been started)
• Stereo system/speakers

The car is totally standard apart from the brake/suspension alternatives I have fitted and the holes cut in the parcel shelf for the speakers.

All in all it’s a higher miles, but very original and honest car. Nothing on the car has been hidden,covered up or disguised in any way, it’s a long way from a show car but a good sound base for what can be a really good MB or perfect for a 20v conversion given the cost of these engines at the minute.

Any interest welcomed from now, car will be available to view once its back next week. My intention is to get it gone quickly so once I have upto date pics it will be on pistonheads,Ebay and alike.in the meantime only on Classic Audi & Quattroforum sites.

Price? I don’t need to sell it, it’s a sad but concious descision so I don’t want to give it away and I want it to go to a good home. I’m looking for offers around £3k, which may seem high to some a non-running or un-MOT’d car but it is a rarer, later MB in the best colour with the best interior (IMHO!) etc etc which will surely only appreciate in value??

I would be interested in part ex for something fun for the track, 205 GTI, 944, Clio172, mk2 GTI etc anything else?? If I am unable to sell for the right price I’ll just strip it, 20v it and keep it!!

Car will be located near Melton Mowbray,Leics LE14.

Cheers

Daz
Dazmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-10, 05:13 PM   #2
Dazmcc
Grown up member

OK, due to work commitments i'm a little slow to follow this up so apologies to those who have contacted me.

I now have the car back and it's available to view by arrangement, i've emailed those who expressed interest directly also.

I do have some pics but they're larger files and there's a few of them so please only request pics if you are genuinely interested as i don't have the time to sit at the PC and send pics to everyone!

At the end of the day if you're serious you'll be up to see it anyway!

Cheers

Daz
Old 28-03-10, 06:09 PM   #3
gabriel.oconnell
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

A nice car for parts amanda or will someone rebuilt it
gabriel.oconnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-10, 06:51 PM   #4
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel.oconnell View Post
A nice car for parts amanda or will someone rebuilt it
What is this fascination with stripping things? Does no one actually make anything (other than money) these days.
Old 28-03-10, 07:36 PM   #5
Dazmcc
Grown up member

it wont be sold for a 'parts car' thats for sure!!??
Old 28-03-10, 07:54 PM   #6
Puglife
==>PUGSPORT!<==
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hanman View Post
What is this fascination with stripping things? Does no one actually make anything (other than money) these days.
Beats me.... and i thought we were enthusiasts who wanted to maintain them

This looks to be an honest car and I know Daz will want it to go to a good home.
1986 UR Quattro - (1982) Lombard RAC Group 4 recreation - #24 H.Demuth/J.Daniels
1981 VW mk1 golf GTi - now 5cylinder and RWD.
Puglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-10, 08:09 PM   #7
Phil Jameson
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

The mileage is high but it wont need too much to give it what it needs ,and to really go to town would see a really nice car.Cant believe anyone would strip this.
Phil Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-10, 06:42 PM   #8
Flanders
Newbie!

Thumbs up quattro

hi dazmcc we spoke on phone earlier today ,wonder if you send me the link to view the photos thanks , Flanders .
Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-10, 06:01 PM   #9
Dazmcc
Grown up member

OK, Rear window + quarter glasses are now refitted, ive taken some pics, particularly aiming toward the less than perfect bits (approx 45-50 will add more as i get time)

http://s907.photobucket.com/albums/a...0MB%20Quattro/

I've not really made the effort i should've to sell this as i've been sweating over wether to actually let it go or not, but the longer it sits where it is the harder its gonna get so its on PH from tonight and if its still here come Monday it may well go onto Ebay.

I'd obviously rather it go to a proper enthusiast but the I've now held off a few potential viewers for 2 'enthusiasts' from Audi forums (i mention no names as they know who they are!) both of whom have failed to show without a word. Poor show guys!
So anyone who wants to view get down and see it as its now well and truly first come first serve!
Old 03-04-10, 02:51 PM   #10
Dazmcc
Grown up member

Sold this morning!

Very Bitter/Sweet but its going to a true enthusiast who i know will lavish the care and attention on it that it deserves (and not break it!!)

Thanks to those who enquired.