Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Suspension & Brakes » Front/Rear Wishbones and Ball Joints

Old 10-12-17, 09:51 PM   #11
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Aitchison View Post
I would have that carrier in my sand blasting cabinet, or you could get a bench grinder and replace one of the wheel with a wire wheel, after cleaning up etch primer and two coats of black paint, as for buying a new one
have you had a look at the part number 857505403B left 857505404B right, the part numbers start with 857 this is normally a Ur quattro part number, this means it was designed for the Ur quattro and may fit on other Audi's, in this case Audi 80, 90, coupe and Ur, did a search on yahoo, some in the states $159 + tax + delivery + import duty each, Audi tradition have no stock, you could call quattro corner but be sitting down when peter gives you a price,
whats you thoughts?
Agree with Colin on this one, its a non wearing part and NLA and although it may look very rusty it should clean up amost like new, availability was bad 25 years ago when I did my UR suspension I remember the Audi oe rear ball joints being in the region of £100 and no one made pattern ones back then.
quattrodave is offline   Reply With Quote