Classic Audi » Community » Gatherings and Events » Audi Driver International 2018 - 13th October - Castle Combe Circuit

Old 15-10-18, 09:58 AM   #21
Mellis46
Aero Advocate
Classic Audi Club Member

Nice photos Mark. Can't believe that blue sky! Have these been photo shopped?!

It was bloody bouncing down up here, blowing a gale. South Wales under water according to BBC...! Wish I had thrown caution to the wind and just gone, the 90 was well up for it. Looked like a good day.
Mellis46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-18, 10:28 AM   #22
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellis46 View Post
Nice photos Mark. Can't believe that blue sky! Have these been photo shopped?!

It was bloody bouncing down up here, blowing a gale. South Wales under water according to BBC...! Wish I had thrown caution to the wind and just gone, the 90 was well up for it. Looked like a good day.
Yeah i've got Oliver inside the computer moving the blue dots around,.........

Poor old South Wales took a right old battering, and to be fair Castle Coombe isn't that far away.

You should have come would have been great to see your car. It was bad only in the morning soon after we arrived
around 8.45 to something like 11 ish that the gale force winds and heavy showers coming at ya sideways playing havoc!

Apart from the high gusts of wind the afternoon was good.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-18, 10:32 AM   #23
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids View Post
No idea, what storm ?
Not sure if this is your idea of a spoiler or you genuinely don't now?

This storm,......https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...m0Qc8QV6Dn1NHx
Old 15-10-18, 10:59 AM   #24
Davids
4 ring whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post
Not sure if this is your idea of a spoiler or you genuinely don't now?

This storm,......https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...m0Qc8QV6Dn1NHx
Saturday was in the garage most of the day, didnt see the outside till about 4 and by then it was quite warm and dry ish, then masking the bathroom putting down some epoxy sealer and undercoat in the bath, came out of there about 9:30pm ish

Sunday was all day in the bathroom rubbing the undercoat and then spraying the bath.
Didnt see poxy real daylight till late in the afternoon or evening.

You know what us sex slaves are like kept locked up all day

Reality, had to get the bath done this weekend, didnt have a choice as running out of weekends prior to mid Dec and no real leave left

Looks like you had a good time, perhaps next year, although my old coupe needs a sh it load of paint doing, and the wheels, got to finish that new drivers seat, and detailing the engine bay
Davids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-18, 11:37 AM   #25
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Saturday was in the garage most of the day, didnt see the outside till about 4 and by then it was quite warm and dry ish, then masking the bathroom putting down some epoxy sealer and undercoat in the bath, came out of there about 9:30pm ish

Sunday was all day in the bathroom rubbing the undercoat and then spraying the bath.
Didnt see poxy real daylight till late in the afternoon or evening.

You know what us sex slaves are like kept locked up all day

Reality, had to get the bath done this weekend, didnt have a choice as running out of weekends prior to mid Dec and no real leave left

Looks like you had a good time, perhaps next year, although my old coupe needs a sh it load of paint doing, and the wheels, got to finish that new drivers seat, and detailing the engine bay

Does she tie you up in chains and tell you to behave? Still,.... i bet once your duties are done the rewards are well worth it. Think i'd skip the duties and get straight to the Brass tacks so to speak.

There was me thinking,........ was that your bathroom or was there some joke that went with the picture you showed in the laughter lounge. Your keen or just plain mad! Agree, - to get them re - enamelled is very expensive. Last time i looked, 10 years ago, to get our 1929 cast iron bath done was £800. God knows how much now?

You've got a whole year to get the coupe ready for ADI, a day i think you'll like !! One member on here drove all the way down from Scotland just to be there in his S2 Avant!

So get your skates on, i'll meet you at junct 12 to convoy down if you can keep up?

Old 15-10-18, 11:45 AM   #26
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Think we would all recognise this shot to be an 80 B4 of some kind. Shame my new lens didn't arrive in time for Saturday. Has now though.

Old 15-10-18, 12:00 PM   #27
Davids
4 ring whore!

Quote:
Does she tie you up in chains and tell you to behave? Still,.... i bet once your duties are done the rewards are well worth it. Think i'd skip the duties and get straight to the Brass tacks so to speak.

There was me thinking,........ was that your bathroom or was there some joke that went with the picture you showed in the laughter lounge. Your keen or just plain mad! Agree, - to get them re - enamelled is very expensive. Last time i looked, 10 years ago, to get our 1929 cast iron bath done was £800. God knows how much now?

You've got a whole year to get the coupe ready for ADI, a day i think you'll like !! One member on here drove all the way down from Scotland just to be there in his S2 Avant!

So get your skates on, i'll meet you at junct 12 to convoy down if you can keep up?

About 2k now for a collection, strip, re enamell and deliver back, the baths look almost see thru glowing red, soooo f heavy

Nope that was me a masking and a spraying, just going to flat and polish some bits inthe bottom.

Might do next year if Oct time, not much on in Oct and need an excsue to get out.
Convoy, got fed up of those, having to keep pulling over to wait for some to catch up

Man from Scotland, that needs respect paying, makes Blackpool seem just around the corner and a trip to the local shops
Old 15-10-18, 12:08 PM   #28
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
About 2k now for a collection, strip, re enamell and deliver back, the baths look almost see thru glowing red, soooo f heavy

Nope that was me a masking and a spraying, just going to flat and polish some bits inthe bottom.

Might do next year if Oct time, not much on in Oct and need an excsue to get out.
Convoy, got fed up of those, having to keep pulling over to wait for some to catch up

Man from Scotland, that needs respect paying, makes Blackpool seem just around the corner and a trip to the local shops

I think that picture of your bath is burnt into the memory banks now! Never seen that done before!

Oh don't you worry old son, you'll enjoy this convoy! Might even bring the V6 to make it a fair contest.

As for Blackpool he really is tied down in chains! Poor bloke.

Old 15-10-18, 12:30 PM   #29
mikes2
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
One member on here drove all the way down from Scotland just to be there in his S2 Avant!
That was me. Around 800 miles all in. Car ran perfectly all weekend.
Old 15-10-18, 12:52 PM   #30
Davids
4 ring whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes2 View Post
That was me. Around 800 miles all in. Car ran perfectly all weekend.
Well done that man, stay over or single trip ?