Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Parts For Sale » Sunroof Seal ur quattro & Type 85 Coupe

Old 04-07-18, 07:34 AM   #1
NorrS2
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Sunroof Seal ur quattro & Type 85 Coupe

In case anyone is not on FB

https://www.facebook.com/groups/clas...39603322757923

Great news for all ur quattro owners with sunroofs. A replacement seal that fits, for part no 855 877 297, models from 1980- 91. Will also fit Coupé typ 81/85.
Further to extensive Research, Development & Testing, I’m pleased to announce the availability of a Sunroof Seal that actually fits and works for the ur quattro. These have been through 3 separate iterations of fine tuning to get the exact fit. The 3rd iteration was tested on my own car but for completeness it has now be tested on cars from the UK & the Continent. All feedback has been extremely positive, to the extent I’m now content to put these up now for sale in the community.
Despite significant investment in this project, I am trusting in the product to generate the required sales to recoup that investment and have priced these moderately at £72+P&P. I have been informed that this is significantly less than the items previously provided by AT but these will actually work for your car.
For the un-initiated, the Seal will come with white dot mark, highlighting this as the top as the Seal as it only goes on one way up. I will also enclose basic instructions on how to correctly re-fit the Sunroof itself.
Due to potential minor differences in the manufacturing process of the Sunroof itself, the Seal will be provided slightly oversized in length in order for you to trim it to the exacting requirements for your car.
The Seal is manufactured in a material called EPDM and will retain its look for much longer than the original Felt covered versions The tolerances have been set tightly to ensure that the roof fits in its recess but wind noise is appropriately abated.
If you are in any way dissatisfied with the performance of the Seal, I will offer a 7 day no quibble refund on the price of the Seal once it returned excluding P&P.
This is providing the Seal is not returned due to it being trimmed short or damaged in any way during installation
Payment is via PayPal, PM for details.
Shipping in UK £4.40, EU £15, USA £25, New Zealand and Australia £36. For best rates abroad you can combine up to 3 seals in a box for the same rate, so join with your friends and buy together.

88 Pearl White MB Ur quattro
NorrS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 12:59 PM   #2
AdrianH
Grown up member

Well done!

Will PM you later.
AdrianH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 01:07 PM   #3
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Great stuff!
Duffy3074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 05:18 PM   #4
NorrS2
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Thanks guys!

However, I can’t take any credit here. I can though confirm that I test fitted one and they fit perfectly.

I have no commercial hook up here but being at the heartache of these, I just want to make sure that others who’ve shared this heartache are aware that there is now a solution.

Anyone wanting to order one, please contact:-

highlandquattro@hotmail.com

Old 04-07-18, 06:15 PM   #5
4v6
Ex Member
Classic Audi Club Member

Ill be on to you for one of these shortly Norman!
4v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 06:46 PM   #6
NorrS2
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4v6 View Post
Ill be on to you for one of these shortly Norman!
Be nice to see you get something for a change Tony. However, as above, I don’t actually have any.

If you contact highlandaudi@hotmail.com he will sort you out. If you’ve any issues, please let me know mate. 👍

Old 04-07-18, 06:53 PM   #7
NorrS2
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

It's highlandquattro@hotmail.com

Sorry!

Heat is obviously getting to me!