Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Audi 80 Tdi cruise control

Old 21-10-17, 10:51 AM   #1
MARKMIDGE
Newbie!

Default Audi 80 Tdi cruise control

Morning, I know this subject has been covered a few times but I have gathered all the information I can to make up a loom but with all the photo bucket images and pictures missing it is hard to follow the threads.

I have the blue female plug off the the loom with wires as follows;

Pin
1 - red/yellow
2 - grey/red
3 - black/yellow
4 - red/white
5 - blue

I have made up a loom which goes as follows;

Blue plug pin to brown plug pin on stalk
1 3
2 4&6
3 1
4 5
5 2

I have enabled cruise through vcds and it is on and coming up with an error code for switch but I have tried 2 different stalks, one of which I know was definitely workingso pretty sure I have done something wrong with loom.

I could not find any info on the black/yellow wire so assumed that it went to pin 5 as it was the only pin left.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
MARKMIDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-17, 06:02 PM   #2
msh
4 ring whore!

I personally don't have experience with B4 TDI, but I have fitted cruise to few C4 2.5 TDIs and one B5 1.9 TDI so far [plus my A90q and mk2 golf, but that's another story]. I would suggest you to connect to ECU and go into measuring blocks, and there's one value, which shows position of the switch, in format of four zeros or ones - although, since it has been quite long time ago, I cannot clearly remember - maybe that row also contained brake and clutch pedal switch values, in that case there are six digits. Four switch related digits were like - one digit for "ON", one digit also for "ON" [as there's switch position when in "ON", but pushed towards off, when that contact disengages], one digit for "RESUME" and one digit for "SET", so with switch ON it should be 1100, with switch pulled to RESUME, should be like 1110, with ON and SET pushed should be like 1101 and so on. I remember C4 2.5 TDI of my mate got switch error when he had managed to damage one wire so max what ECU saw was like 1011.

OR just measure at the switch end which pin does got power - must be pin 5.
msh is offline   Reply With Quote