Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Bodywork, glass & exterior fitments » 1994 Audi 80

Old 04-06-17, 05:31 PM   #1
Rick's cab
Newbie!
Classic Audi Club Member

Default 1994 Audi 80

I am looking for the hard top brackets for my Audi 80. I would be grateful for a poke in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick's cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-17, 06:34 PM   #2
fourringsrus
Grown up member

Rick, it might be helpful if you can show a picture of the type of hard top fitting you have on the top, in order to find the matching part required on the car.
I believe there are two styles of brackets and attachments, so the people who know should get a better idea of which type top you have

Stuart
fourringsrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-17, 09:17 PM   #3
Rick's cab
Newbie!
Classic Audi Club Member

Hi Stuart

Thanks for the helpful info and the unhelpful stuff as well.
If that's your ploy to get a cheap top, it's not working lol.
I collected the car Sunday and I will go back up to collect the top on Wednesday so until I get it home, I'm just as wise as you are.
Next problem!! How do I get blooming pictures on their site??
Old 06-06-17, 03:42 PM   #4
fourringsrus
Grown up member

Rick ,I think there is a link somewhere advising a simple route to loading pics.
Regarding your top, yeah, you saw right through my cunning plan, also if you are going back to get the hard top, why are you looking for brackets etc, does the top you are collecting, not originally come from this car or are some parts missing/faulty/broken.
If not the previous owner should be able to help you fit the unit, job done, unless you had some kind of a deal with him

Stuart
Old 06-06-17, 05:20 PM   #5
Rick's cab
Newbie!
Classic Audi Club Member

Hi Stuart

I did a deal with the guy for the top. He had two but only one set of brackets 🤔 I drove the cab home so couldn't take the roof.
I'll know a bit more tomorrow night when I collect it.
As for your plan!!! The top has no brackets where were you going to get them from ??? Lol.

Rick

Old 07-06-17, 06:07 PM   #6
fourringsrus
Grown up member

My plan was even more ridiculous than that, I sold my 97 cabby almost 2 years ago and still miss her painfully, so I have no car to put the hard top anyhow.
Did you have the option of buying the second top aswell, you could easily move it on via this forum, they are as rare as rocking horse poop.
Did you work out the photo uploading affair yet pal

Stuart
Old 07-06-17, 08:55 PM   #7
Rick's cab
Newbie!
Classic Audi Club Member

Lol would you like another one??
No, no option of the second one. The fella is keeping that for the other cab he has got.
Just got home and put the top in place on the car. Slightly different colour but that can be sorted. But the issue I've found tonight was. My drive slops downwards and the car is reversed on the drive, after all the rain we have had the boot skin was full of water 😳

No not sorted the picture thing yet.

Old 08-06-17, 07:30 PM   #8
fourringsrus
Grown up member

If I assume that your car is a later model, I would suggest that if you have the boot lid rear brake light, that will be the point of ingress.
If you have no b/lid lamp, you will probably find ingress through your rear lamp units as the seal breaks down with age, but that would give you a wet floor, not boot skin.
The high rise brake light in your boot lid, gradually deforms with age, thus allowing water ingress.
That all said if we assume that the obvious roof and fittings are weather proof, but as you say boot lid skin,I'd go with the brake light first.

Yep I'd love another cabby, I only sold the car as I fancied a cactus green v6, but never found one that was good enough.
I still have the v6 A4 cabby for the sunny times and although shes a beauty, shes different to the old 80 derivative.
The old girl has now been replaced with a TT 225 quattro, which is great fun but lacks the character.

Stuart
Old 13-06-17, 08:57 PM   #9
Rick's cab
Newbie!
Classic Audi Club Member

Old 14-06-17, 05:32 PM   #10
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Car looks very nice Hardtop is useless without the fitting kit! You'll just have to hope your seller has treated you right,ref price of hardtop and if it comes with the kit? For a ref,hardtops do sell for 1k complete,but can be bought cheaper if seller has no idea of value,and will likely be without the kit. There was a fitting kit on eBay that sold for £200 plus a few months back but there's know point owning a vintage watch with it's windup crown.

Have fun.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote